1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

A fun little lottery ticket that (at least lately) has been making me back my initial stake & kept me playing is legging some defensive TDs in a three- or four-way TD parlay. I nearly hit my all-time jackpot two weeks ago, when I legged Jared Goff, Sam LaPorta & Jonathan Taylor TDs w/Saints D (against the Patriots). Only Taylor didn't score. Rest assured I was on Twitter within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world! :D

With the dog-ass Bears & Raiders playing 11th-string QBs today, I legged D TDs there along w/a Taylor TD and a Bills D TD. The Bears came thru at +500 and Taylor scored, so I stayed a little ahead. Alas, figuring Russ wouldn't cook and that the Chargers would Charger, I paired Packers D TD & Chiefs D TD w/Najee Harris in the 4 PM games and only hit Harris. Still fun.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

DraftKings did it again with one of their promos ... down 3-2 in the ALCS, the Rangers were a "50% Boost!" to win the World Series, going from I think +750 to +1125. Well, whoever took a flyer on that now is sitting on a nice ticket with the option to hedge off the underdog D'Backs.

3. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

It's all fun and games until all of you come face-to-face with Gamblor.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We're ensnared in his neon claws.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Wisconsin under 14.5 team total.
    Utah +7.5
    Baylor +2.5
    Colorado +17.5

Packers +1.5. Hold your nose and do it.
    Jets -2.5
    Falcons -2.5
    Bears +8.5
    Panthers +3

Lots of 6-point teasers to take as well. Ravens/Chiefs the top one.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finally won a college bet: Indiana-Penn State O45.5, WVU-UCF O57.5, Kansas +9.5. Almost makes up for losing a TNF bet by one Mike Evans yard.

7. playthrough

Indiana 6-2 over this year. I've been telling my fellow IU alumni for years to stop bitching about the losing and just bet overs.

exmediahack likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dear God, what a disaster this day has been.
    Had a five-leg shits and giggles parlay ticket that went 1-4.
    Had Tulane -10.5 at Rice. They were leading 27-7 at the half and then melted down in the second before hanging on to win 30-28.
    And then I took Wyoming +5 and money line at Boise State, in a game I felt great about. Boise State beat the ever-living shit out of them, 32-7.

Still got UNLV +8 at Fresno State and an NFL three-teamer tomorrow to hopefully salvage this mess, but ye gods. I went 5-1-1 last week and was feeling pretty good. So far, 1-6 on college picks this week. Even a couple of the games I stayed away from would've been misses if I'd bet the way I was leaning.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Yeah, weird Saturday against the number.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Went to a hardcore show last night, might have gotten concussed in the mosh pit.

somehow made it to play golf with my dudes this morning.

put a wtf 4 pm bet on: CIN +4.5, SEA ~2.5, BAL -6.5:.

happy Sunday friends!

playthrough and Batman like this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Spend so much time sweating out bets that it's pretty fun when one hits with ridiculous ease. Put a free bet on a small NBA parlay -- Giannis O29.5 points and Trae over 33.5 P+A. Giannis went over by the end of the third quarter and Trae was over by halftime. Easy peasy.

Batman likes this.
  12. playthrough

More easy peasy: IU football cashes another over, before halftime.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted