1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Senators-Golden Knights.
    2nd period. 3 goals. Winner.

2. exmediahack

Tuesday night: Senators-Coyotes. Late start. O1.5 goals for second period is -185. LFG.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What the hell, why not? I threw $10 on O2.0, though, because the odds on O1.5 were up to -230. Figured that if it hits, I'd rather win more than $4.
    They still weren't great (-127) at O2.0, but this one's for group fun, right?

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Saw one book that had +230 for exactly 2 goals and +370 for 3 goals. What about a half-unit on each? Hold your breath that the period isn't completely crazy.

If I don't bet it, then it's a lock.

exmediahack likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dumb question I should've asked before: Is that total for the second period or through the second period?
    If the first period ends 1-0 and the second 1-1, do I push or do I lose?

6. exmediahack

Not a dumb question.

Just the number of goals in the 2nd period ONLY. :)

Batman likes this.
  7. exmediahack

STILL TIME! Also Predators second period O1.5 -205 as well. They're late first period.

8. exmediahack

High juice today for the second period for both Preds and the Sens games. Parlay is +108 for O1.5. Let's go!

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have never heard of Queens University. I can only assume it's a college in New York City. So when I saw them playing Mercer and the line was only -1.5 — it was -3 by the time I got to it — I figured that was a decent bet.
    And it was!
    Mercer 84, Queens University 65. Go Mercer! Sometimes it's good to dumpster dive.

exmediahack likes this.
  10. exmediahack

Need a goal from Nashville in these final five minutes of the second period.

11. exmediahack

BOOM! Vancouver makes it 3-1. Two goals in the second from Nashville.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Ottawa up 3-0 in the first period against Arizona. Save some of it for the second period, guys.

Draft saved Draft deleted