1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I salvaged a fairly rough day with getting FAU live at +150 in OT seconds before it went to -110, along with the aforementioned Bills-Chargers over, both as straights. Only down a touch rather being down a depressing amount, lol.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It’s a weird season as I’m not getting involved on any of these early bowl games as between the portal, who sits out and guessing which side is motivated, I just don’t have the time to study it.

It stinks as I had incredibly good 2018 and 2019 bowl seasons.

3. exmediahack

Any NFL game with a total of 38.5 or lower, the under has hit something like 68 percent of the time the last eight years.

It seems the league is not calling offensive holding as much the last few weeks (which would explain the overs hitting of late). But it’s like an 11 in blackjack. You HAVE to double (bet the under) on every 38.5 or lower total.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My new thing: in-game ATTD bets. I’ve hit three today for a tidy profit: Njoku, St. Brown, Metcalf.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You ever have one of those parlays that lost, and you're kind of glad there was one leg that was an utter disaster?
    My early-window three-teamer had the Colts -1 at the Falcons, which never came close to covering. The other two were Packers -5 at Carolina and Jets -3 vs. Commanders. The Packers blew a two-touchdown lead and the Jets a 20-point lead before kicking field goals at the end to win by three and two points, respectively. If the Colts had won, and the rest of it got blown up by TWO fourth-quarter meltdowns, I think I'd be pretty pissed. Instead, I'm just astonished.

exmediahack likes this.
  6. exmediahack

Weird day. The overs are finally flying in. Either defenses are worn out, the holding penalties are done or both.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Not in Denver so far.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Mine was Indy ML, Houston ML and Washington +3.5. The stunning part to me was that Washington +3.5 was the only part that hit, considering they were down 17-0 five minutes into the game.

Batman likes this.
  9. exmediahack

When I think of Christmas gifts and the best I’ve received in recent years, the Charles Barkley $100 in bonus money I got from FanDuel in 2020 is at the top of the list.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Missed the Kelce receptions, Warriors/Nuggets over and Knicks/Bucks 1Q over each by a half point. Merry Christmas to me.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Folks, this is a lot of pizza money.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

From a golf.com scribe:

dixiehack and exmediahack like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted