1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hard Rock is running a crooked book. (gift link)

https://wapo.st/3U0q7cH

poindexter and Batman like this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That’s horseshit what Hard Rock is doing there.

I’ve fought plenty of books over not paying out but certainly not at that level.

Some of the examples…
    One book graded a U2.5 goals in UEFA as a loss. 1-1 after 90 but it finished 3-2. That took a couple hours.
    One place graded a $500 Player X get a base hit yes/no incorrectly. I had the “yes” but the player didn’t start but got a hit in the 6th. They tried to void the bet as he didn’t start. I had to send screen shots of their house rules — any appearance is action — to a boss three levels up before I got my money two days later.

Be very careful hitting these books when they post an incorrect line. You may kill the cow but you’re done milking it.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I bet on Equatorial Guinea ML vs. Guinea-Bissau this morning at AFCON. I'm not ashamed at all. Seemed like easy money at plus odds.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What in the fucking fuck, dude?
    I was putting in my NFL bets today and decided to play a cheapo $5 college basketball parlay. Pretty much picked three late games at random, but I remembered the CSU Northridge ATS stat mentioned here so I included them. Only -1 at home against UC Santa Barbara. Sure.
    Just got home and checked the score. Ten minutes left and CSUN is down 32.
    It's appropriate that yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the Northridge earthquake, because that might have been the last time Northridge got destroyed this badly.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The shine has come off both Northridge and Minnesota since I posted that. Both have lost 2 of 3 ATS. Ugh.

And fuck it, I'm jumping on Cape Verde ML +100 against Mozambique to see if I can keep the AFCON train rolling, lol.

UPDATE: Cape Verde 3-0 Mozambique, 77th minute. Let's go!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    exmediahack likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just to talk about the margins in this silly hobby ... threw a live bet on FAU-UTSA on Sunday at halftime, score was 53-49 at the break. Took the over at 187.5. It was a lot, but both teams were cruising, until they weren't. So it's 91-88 with less than 20 seconds left, and my only hope essentially is overtime. And damn if UTSA doesn't foul Johnell Davis shooting a three. He nails all three free throws, UTSA misses a 3 at the buzzer, and we go to OT at 91-all and the over is all but clinched. I've been on the other side of that one too, where an under is all but assured and overtime ruins it, so I'll take it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You should have kept reading because we talked about how CSUN shit the bed against UC Davis

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Pistons favored for just the third time this season.

They are 0-3 ATS and SU in those games.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

About to get his Boutte smacked hard.

https://www.wafb.com/2024/01/25/kayshon-boutte-charged-illegal-sports-gaming-scheme/

Word is he never bet against LSU, so no allegations of throwing a game. But yikes.

11. exmediahack

This guy lost $80,000 across two years.

Man, I could have had him middling Mexican Liga MX and Korean Baseball totals.

MileHigh and Cosmo like this.
  12. exmediahack

Ottawa Senators. Goal at 19:32 to hit the over. 2P.

Draft saved Draft deleted