1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Toronto 16-14. Whew.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Hall of Fame Game terminated in third quarter. All bets canceled? Game hit the over. First-half bets canceled as well?

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

To me, that's the line. I'll bet on second-division Paraguayan soccer at happy hour, but I refuse to bet on a) NFL preseason and b) NBA summer league.

I did notch a +330 live win on the LPGA last Sunday as I was trying to nudge my girl Lauren Coughlin over the finish line in Canada. The books seem to be slower to react to live LPGA bets. Took it right after Ryu doubled 11 to get LC back within one, and the odds hadn't changed from where they were prior to the hole. Felt like it was worth jumping on. There aren't many edges to be found these days, so I'll gladly take that one. Will rest until real football starts now.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

There used to be edges in NFL preseason (new coaches looking to make an impact was a good one) but the games keep getting even more watered down than they already were.

6. exmediahack

LOVE NFL preseason. The only times the coaches will tell you what they’ll do.

I’ve been betting Ravens ML, fading the McVay Rams and betting every game under in Week 1. It’s worked out well.

However and PT notes… it’s not the ATM it was in 2021 or before.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2024
  7. exmediahack

Who likes +1000 winners?

Royals NO on the playoffs (they’ll wear down and they’ve played all their White Sox games), Lions to win the North and Ohio State to win the Big Ten.

Pays about 10-1. Enjoy.

Spring tuition for my daughter is about $3400. Dropping all my free bets into this. LFG.

Cosmo likes this.
  8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Like your thinking on the Royals. They are 12 -1 against the Sox. That makes them a .500 team against everyone else.

Seems like the Packers are the biggest obstacle to that one paying out.

Good luck!

9. exmediahack

Unders went 12-4 in week 1. Nice to see.

Sharpening up those CFB/NFL win totals. I usually only play unders. My auto plays every year are position coaches who are now head coaches who are seen as “player’s coaches”. Thus, time to fade UCLA, Michigan, Patriots, Raiders, Falcons, Duke.

Also look at programs who had great seasons but don’t have a history of staying at that level. Fade Arizona, Washington, Missouri, SMU, Texas, Kansas.

Overs: Miami, Tennessee, Alabama, UCF, Iowa.

Other unders: Chiefs, 49ers, Titans, Patriots. Arkansas, Baylor, Wisconsin.

Utah to win B12 +280
    Ohio State to win +165
    Miami to win ACC +350

MileHigh likes this.
  10. exmediahack

James Franklin as a favorite of 7+ is 54-27 ATS. The last three years as a favorite between 7-24 points: 18-3-1 ATS. Gimme PSU to make the playoff -135.

11. exmediahack

When an SEC team is a road dog for a second straight week, that road dog is 23-4 ATS.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Who's going to be the spunky, good bad team that finishes 3-9 overall, but keeps getting spreads around +20 and rolls up a 9-3 ATS record?
    Those are the teams I always try to find and fall in love with. Unfortunately, it usually takes me until Week 6 or 7 to find them.

exmediahack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted