1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Wake Forest.
    Northwestern.
    Nevada.
    Houston is 3.5. They might be tricky — especially end of the year.
    Maybe Boston College.

I like to fade first-year coaches early but ride them in November.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2024
    MileHigh and Batman like this.
  2. exmediahack

Unders are 26-6 so far in the NFL preseason.

Going Patriots U4.5 wins, U5.5 wins -190 and also a splash on U3.5 wins at +310.

Still time to get in on Newcastle Top 4 finish in EPL. +240.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2024
  3. exmediahack

Okay, you degens. 8-7 FSU. Late 1st.

If FSU gets a TD to get to 15-7, that’ll bump the live total up to 66 or 67. Hit the under immediately. You should get a stop or two and the come back with a 59 over and let’s roll to Middletown.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I really miss going to greyhound racing back when I lived in Florida. I hated the industry because I know how they treated the dogs, but man, I enjoyed the races.
    There are only two dog tracks left in WV

5. Driftwood

Palm Beach Kennel Club was magical. You watched and bet the greyhound races, had simulcast horse racing to bet, jai alai if you were dumb enough to bet on it, poker. Good times.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Spent a lot of nights at Derby Lane when I worked in St. Petersburg, a great spot. One time a dog went on a tear with like 40 straight wins and became a brief cultural sensation--imagine going to a packed dog track with families and kids rather than just degenerate railbirds (like me!).

But yes on how they were treated ... my wife and I adopted a retired hound (we got a CD of his races, which was super cool) but he unfortunately was a head case and sometimes aggressive, we had to give him up before our first child arrived. He would sometimes do improptu laps around our house, probably part of his mental issues yet spectacular to watch.

7. Driftwood

I started to get into the process to adopt one from Palm Beach KC once but quickly realized that they couldn't really be just pets and live a life of retirement because of the things you just mentioned, so I backed out.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My aunt and uncle have adopted three. Two at a time; one died and they replaced it. They take them for walks every morning. The dogs are pretty chill. They each have their own little bed and lay in them most of the day. They'll greet visitors and let you pet them until they get bored of you. And every day at the exact same time they get up to get their food -- and it better be ready, even when daylight savings time hits.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Dog breeds are wrong, but I can't imagine the effect hyper breeding has on greyhounds.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ours probably needed more time with a foster to get acclimated to off-track life. But I sure got a kick out of the video with his races. He started off in training races, eventually won and moved up to "D" class. In time he would win again and moved to C ... then B ... then finally A with the star dogs. (Narrator: He did not belong with the star dogs.) He was lousy, never won again and went back down the ladder: B, C, D, all the way down to training again. Then in his last race, I looked up the chart: "pulled up on the backstretch." He basically retired right there!

Batman and Driftwood like this.
  11. exmediahack

Three-team teaser for tonight:
    Murray State +57, Lindenwood +56.5, Colorado -3.5
    NDSU-Colorado Over 59

Tyreek Hill: over 12.5 TDs and over 12.5 children conceived by 1/5/25. YES +275

Batman and playthrough like this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Three-leg parlay misses because I had Fordham-Bowling Green at O58.5 and they finished right at 58. WE ARE SO BACK BABY!!

Draft saved Draft deleted