1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What a disaster this day has been. My only win was a miracle backdoor cover by Missouri, when they scored a run-it-up touchdown with about 20 seconds left.
    The only other game I had on a ticket that's even won so far was Arkansas +8.5 at Oklahoma State. I thought Michigan-Texas and Mississippi State-Arizona State would be close games and I was way, way off on both. Hopefully the NFL can salvage things tomorroe.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago, Mississippi State played at Arizona and I bet the Over. It was 57.5, IIRC. Mississippi State missed two PATs early in the game and the total came in at 56, and I lost.
    Last night, Mississippi State played at Arizona State and I bet MSU +6.5. Mississippi State was down 30-3, made a big comeback in the second half to get to within 30-23, and then missed the PAT. Final score, 30-23.
    My lesson here is do NOT bet on Mississippi State when they play a road game in Arizona, or else the kickers shall fuck ye.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Circa Survivor survives.

SuperContest 3-2. Same old Jets.

Matt1735 likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Capped a fairly successful weekend with a lightly researched SGP win on the MNF game -- anytime TDs from Breece Hall and Deebo and the 49ers over 20.5 at +456. Cashed by the first drive of the third quarter, turned the game off and watched Industry instead. I wish they could all be stress free, lol.

exmediahack and Batman like this.
  5. exmediahack

A rocking chair winner.

6. exmediahack

Circa Survivor:
    Jaguars

SuperContest: 3-2
    Vikings +6 vs. 49ers
    Patriots +3.5 vs Seahawks
    Cardinals Pk at Rams
    Giants +1.5 at Commanders
    Titans +4 vs. Jets

Batman likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Cardinals-Rams is at Glendale.

exmediahack likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Didn't do well on an early-window parlay last Sunday, but did have a refreshingly easy walk to the Cowboys (ML) and Buccaneers (-3.5) winning for me in the late games to salvage the weekend.
    Didn't see a ton of NFL games I liked this week. Might be a good day to cut grass. Did find three early games, though:
    • Colts -3.5 at Packers
    • 49ers -6 at Vikings
    • Chargers -6.5 at Panthers

Mostly betting against bad QBs and teams (Malik Willis, Sam Darnold, Bryce Young/Panthers) who are playing at least competent opponents.

9. exmediahack

I admit… on lots of stinky dogs this week.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I like those lines, too. They're not too outrageous. If they were 9 or 10 points they might be stay-aways, but less than a touchdown? I can work with that.

11. exmediahack

I tend to look at 0-1 teams against 1-0 teams in Week 2.

College football for this weekend, I’ll put $11 on every 0-2 ATS team and see how they perform.

College Football Team ATS Trends - All Games

38 teams are 0-2. I’ll stay off Colorado-CSU as they’re both 0-2.

Then next week, I’ll double up on the 0-3 teams.

playthrough likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Probably just skipping this weekend since I'll be spending most of it outside at the Solheim Cup. Maybe I'll dabble in some live stuff on the Saturday night college football.

Draft saved Draft deleted