1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That is a good story, one that can be written about many people in every city in America. And of course:

For the next year, Holt was bombarded with enticements. Radio ads. Billboards. News media promotions. (The Athletic has a partnership with BetMGM).

There's no untangling all this.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 1:03 PM
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I can't imagine being a player, coach or ref on social media, and read the shit people throw at you for your performance on a game.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I would find an app to block social media from my phone like the guy in that story did with the betting sites.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For any form of gambling, the responsible thing is to look at it as a form of entertainment, decide how much you are willing to pay to be entertained and then don’t spend any more than that. When you start chasing losses with money you didn’t intend to spend, the brakes have gone out on the downhill semi.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted