1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

General movie news thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Aug 3, 2022.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Re. Wicked. Cynthia Erivo makes up for the Ariana Grande casting foul. Almost.

So glad to see McKenna Grace came back to Ghostbusters. She was amazing on Young Sheldon.

As for The Ministry... Good lord, that looks like fun. Then again, I loved Inglourious Basterds.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Regina King stars as Shirley Chisholm along with Lance Reddick and Andre Holland. From writer/director John Ridley.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Hmmm. When did they film this? Reddick died nearly one year ago -- March 17, 2023.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thanks to all the Hollywood strikes there are a lot of delayed productions getting released.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Went to One Love last night and there were almost a half hour of previews and my wife was like, look at all these good movies coming out. It will be interesting to see if there's too much flooding the year that stuff either gets lost loses out on revenue because there are so many options and people can only afford X number of trips to the movies.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm kind of bummed I haven't seen Oppenheimer in a theater. Hoping they'll re-release it in the coming weeks. Robert Downey Jr. looks to be getting his first Oscar tonight - one of those actors who isn't yet in the "we better get him one before he croaks" category, but well deserving given his resume and the amount of bank he's generated for Marvel over the years. Wouldn't mind seeing Ruffalo get it though - similar trajectory.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Oppenheimer was the first movie I saw in the theater since Dec. '19 (Knives Out).

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I Should Coco and garrow like this.
  12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Once again my suggestion that if anyone has AMC theaters near them, get the AMC membership. Three movies a week for about 25 bucks a month. Amazing deal if you see even two flicks a month. I try and take full advantage and do the three a week and it's definitely one of my better values on any entertainment membership.

OscarMadison, garrow and Tighthead like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted