1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

General movie news thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Aug 3, 2022.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I like the name!

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The original is one of the most off-the-wall movies ever released by a major studio. Keaton is barely in it....but incredible. What an underrated actor. Saw it with my dad and youngest sister when it first came out. Remember my dad roaring when Beetlejuice does the jerkoff hand motion when Alec Baldwin asks him if he can be scary.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Keaton is so good. Long been one of my faves, going back to Johnny Dangerously. I loved the first Beetlejuice.

Caught him on one of the talk shows this week. It's really, really hard to believe he's 72.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Hot damn! I can't wait.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Of his various Comedy Man Child movies, Happy Gilmore 2 strikes me as the one that has the "best" chance of being OK. Like, it's not hard to imagine Happy as a John Daly-type older golfer that has to mentor a new young, asshole golfer. RIP to Carl Weathers, but you can still involve Julie Bowen, Christopher McDonald and some others.

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Johnny Dangerously, I said. It's great,of course. But denouncing myself for forgetting the Keaton/Winkler/Long classic that came out two years earlier: Night Shift.

swingline and OscarMadison like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

...and a full-screen Verizon ad popped up twice while I tried to read that essay.

BTW, I agree with every word.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted