1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Georgia beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Daniel Shirley-Macon, May 12, 2015.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Deleting and revising posts already, Biff?

Don't whistle in the elevator.

2. Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen Member

Most of writing is editing, Ty. Don't piss in the rain.

3. LesJ9488

LesJ9488 Member

Says the person who's never written on a deadline.

4. Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen Member

I've already offered a mea culpa, but I do want to point this out. WAVE 3's sports website is non-existent. They don't have a job open. I took it upon myself to put together a proposal to send to the general manager and sports director pointing out what a huge opportunity is being missed there, both culturally and financially. For you to deep dive into my Twitter account and post that tweet here without context and mock it as desperate--just to try to humiliate me--is petty and cowardly, especially from someone whose thesis in this conversation has been "You're not classy."

5. Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen Member

How do you know I've never written on a deadline?

6. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

I don't understand how the "Georgia beat writer" thread became Biff's personal writer's workshop thread.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

He writes posts calling us cowards, then deletes them. The irony is delicious.

8. Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen Member

Right, because I'm terrified of your wit and mental agility. Where is your body of work again, you brave warrior? Do you honestly think there's anything I'm afraid to say to you--using my real name--either here or to your face?

9. Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen Member

Thanks for the update on your reading comprehension?

10. Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen Member

Agree, I'll give it a rest and not post anymore in this thread. Good luck to whomever lands the job; I'm sure it'll be a qualified beat writer who will do solid work.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Good posts, novelist and Ty. I won't be so kind or patient.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Good posts, novelist and Ty. I won't be so kind or patient. So, your idea of very good, creative writing is a reference to a movie from 1988? And never mind whether there is really a culture shift regarding soccer, how on Earth is it being led by women? Because of a World Cup 16 years ago? Sure, that got more girls playing, but check the ratings on the WWCup when you get a chance. Or go to a WUSA game (or whatever the hell they call it these days).

Christ, Biff. Maybe you just stop posting altogether. But at least it appears you plan to stop digging your hole on this thread. As for anonymity ... you would still be anonymous yourself had you not outed yourself. Others here do use their real names, but you chose not to do that, yet you are critical of those who remain anonymous so they can speak freely?

Draft saved Draft deleted