1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Georgia beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Daniel Shirley-Macon, May 12, 2015.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Outing is allowed now? Gotta wonder why LesJ9488 still has the ability to post here.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Biff has outed himself more than once.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I will take your word for it, and thought he might have, but couldn't find a post where he had. Granted, I didn't do much of a search.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yep. He linked to his blog on another job thread the same day this thread started, I believe.

5. LesJ9488

LesJ9488 Member

Yeah. He self-outed a couple of times.

6. Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen Member

I don't think I did actually. I posted a link and never said I wrote it. You all assumed I wrote it, which I did, and as I'm not ashamed in any way, shape or form of anything I've written, so I went with it because I didn't know it was a "sin" to out someone else. I could be wrong, and I don't feel like checking, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the one who "outed" me.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

One could probably guess from Les' post prior to this, but you indeed are the one who outed yourself with the response.

8. Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen Member

It's fine, really not a big deal to me. I have no problem with people knowing who I am (and I'd encourage anyone here to PM me to see that I'm really not as big a dick as maybe I've come across here). Besides, I don't want anyone to get banned.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

No, I don't think that. I just think you writing posts calling me and Les cowards for posting anonymously and then deleting them is ironic.

And look man, you've got to get past this posting anonymously thing if you are going to hang around here. There are many reasons people post anonymously and none of them are related to being scared to show their work. Many of us are very accomplished writers but don't feel the need to brag about that. You want people here to come look at your site. That's great, and it is starting to feel like the only reason you are posting. But most of us don't come here to show off our work and compare it to others' so we can feel superior. We come here to discuss various topics that interest us, both in sports journalism and otherwise.

You will never see my "body of work" because I'm not so insecure that I feel the need to prove myself to some keyboard cowboy who questions my credentials. I know what I've done. The people I work with know what I've done. That is enough. Your opinion means less than nothing, so I'm not going to exert any effort in proving myself to you.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    jr/shotglass and BDC99 like this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

11. This might be the one of most bizarre threads I've read. I was looking for updates on the position and ran into this.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

Draft saved Draft deleted