1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Well on this thread I'm guessing yes. And since you've already inferred that only females could like this show, I'll give your feelings the consideration they deserve, none.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

It's a different kind of show. Either you like it or you don't. Probably not a whole lot of middle ground with this one. I think it's a helluva way to spend an hour--it makes me feel better.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it might be because Jane Lynch is currently performing on Broadway and that may have limited her taping availability. Next week looks like it has more than enough Sue to balance out this episode.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Really? That's cool. What play is she doing?

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

"Love, Loss and What I Wore" which is a Nora Ephron play, and it's playing at the Westside Theater in New York.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

the face shots during the duet with schuster and rachel at the beginning were pretty funny

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Cool! Thanks, Wenders!

BTW, if y'all are into spoilers, there's some decent Glee scoop about halfway through this week's "Ask Ausiello."
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/11/18/ausiello-spoilers-house-glee-more/

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Speaking of which: I haven't found a show this downright charming, while also tackling interesting issues related to growing up, since the heyday of Gilmore Girls.

I really enjoy the new Melrose Place, am committed to FlashForward and have high hopes for V . . . but Glee is the first new show to reach "can't miss" status for me. Just great.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm surprised how dramatic this show can be at times. I expected funny and absurd, but there are some moments that really hit you in your gut.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I couldn't watch it, it was so awkward!

11. No, but you may be the president of the "I-think-it-sucks-so-it-must-be-true-because-I-know-everything" club.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

schuster's expressions were hilarious. as was the merry-go-round around the piano.

Draft saved Draft deleted