1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Exactly what my wife and I were saying the other day as we listened to "All Alone At Christmas." Is there a better song than that for the Glee cast to nail, especially given the differing depths of loneliness experienced by every core character?

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I got Vol. 1 and 2 for Christmas.

The Young Girl/Don't stand so close to me mashup on Vol. 2 is my favorite song of the first season.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

@red: that's my favorite song on either CD as well.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The Glee cast did do a version of "Last Christmas" that's on iTunes if you guys want.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

First set of DVDs arrived today, so I'm eager to catch up

6. BRoth

BRoth Member

For those who ordered the first 13 episodes, can you explain the "voucher" mentioned in this?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118010245.html?categoryid=20&cs=1

From what I understand, there will be no second half - or the other nine episodes - released on DVD. They'll simply release all 22 episodes in a full set in June/July.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

THERE'S GOING TO BE A SEASON 2!!!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/11/scoop-fox-renews-glee/

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

New preview:

be right back. Freaking out over the idea of Glee doing the Beatles! :)

9. Moderator1

So is the first season over? How many episodes? We've done 10 on our DVDs and will knock out the other three tonight. New season starts in April? I'd like to get current by then if possible.

We've just done the couple of episodes where they've shown a human side to Sue. I liked her better when I didn't like her at all.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Once you finish those three episodes, you'll be all caught up. That's the first half of the first season. The second half of the first season starts in April. They split it into two, in what I think is a pretty good marketing move as it gives people like you who didn't watch the first half the chance to catch up and watch the second half as they air.

11. Moderator1

Ah, OK. We thought there were more in a first season and April was the second season.
    Cool.

We change our minds all the time about our favorite characters. Right now I'm leaning toward Artie (best singer, too) and Kurt, with Kurt's dad close behind.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I love Artie, but Rachel's the best singer, and I don't think it's really all that close. Finn is by far the weakest of the singers. They do a good job of hiding that for the most part, but it's obvious when he sings anything but 80s hair metal.

Draft saved Draft deleted