1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. I meant best singer among the males. My bad. Hey, I've seen "Rachel" sing live. And I'm in love.
    They had the "diva off" in one of the episodes we watched last night. The Queen picked up on Kurt missing that note right away. Went right by my tone-deaf head. Of course, The Queen is more into Wicked than Kurt.

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

Maybe it's just me, but while listening to the soundtrack it sometimes sounds like Finn gets a little bit of T-Pain treatment with autotuning.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can tell Finn is kind of thin.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Everyone gets a bit of the autotuner. Some, like Finn, a bit more than the others.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't like Artie. I don't know why. Just ... don't. His character falls flat with me somehow.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Cory Monteith (the actor who plays Finn) was the only actor who didn't have any vocal training prior to doing Glee. Everyone else had Broadway experience, except Kevin and Mark, both of whom were in bands.

And the reason for the split was they originally only ordered 13 episodes. They didn't order the other nine until after it was a hit and then with Jane in NYC doing her play and everyone else doing their stuff, they didn't have time to start filming on the others until early January. Hence the huge delay.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to have to go dig out the Playbill - I think we saw Mr. Schu in South Pacific.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I like Artie, but I think Mr. Schu is the best male singer on the show.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

you probably did since i think he came from broadway

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

He did. He originated the role of Link Larkin in Hairspray. Matt Morrison is easily the best singer on the show...and the hottest guy. :D

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This is possibly the truest thing ever posted on this board. Well at least the last part. I might take Lea Michele over him in the singing category.

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

DON'T STAND DON'T STAND SO DON'T STAND SO CLOSE TO ME ...

Draft saved Draft deleted