1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if the Madonna rumors are true!?!?

2. bwright

bwright Member

Hulu the first couple of episodes. Episode 14 is not exactly a logical place to start.

What I found aggravating is that the conflict is the exact same in season two as it was in season 1.
    "Oh, we have to win or the glee club will lose all its funding! And the cheerleading coach really, REALLY hates us now."
    It just feels like its repeating itself.

Unrelated question: In last night's episode, Shu kept saying "We have to *place* at regionals," though the prevailing conflict seems to be "We'll never beat Vocal Adrenaline because they're so good!"
    It would seem to me that they don't have to beat Vocal Adrenaline, just everyone else (And I have a good feeling that's exactly what will happen).

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm sad to say the layoff may have been too much for me. I watched last night's ep and didn't love it. Not like I did the first part of the season.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Technically, we're still in Season 1. And the agreement from the beginning was to place at regionals, but they had to win sectionals to get there.

I didn't like how anyone who wasn't Sue/Will/Emma/Rachel/Finn/the two new characters was shuffled off to the side. Did Quinn even HAVE a line last night? Sounds like next week is going to be a much bigger episode so let's hope that everyone gets more face time.

Also, the third episode back ("Home") is said to be THE episode of the season. So don't give up on it just yet.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

"Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?"

6. bwright

bwright Member

I know this is still *technically* season one. But that's just wrong.
    You can't have a 4-month layoff and still be season one. Shows don't have "Mid-season finales" and "Mid-season premieres."

I haven't given up on it, by any means. I still intend to watch because it's a fun hour of tv. But it's slipped from "I can't wait until Glee night" status.

7. Wenders

The reason for the break was the show was only picked up for 13 episodes. They didn't have time to film the rest of the nine episodes until January due to them all being involved in various other projects.

It's Fox not anticipating that this would be a hit with such a following. Which is a shame, because they did such a great job with making us wait all summer after premiering the pilot in May.

Also, for interested parties:

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is creepy how much Lea Michelle looks like Idina Menzel.
    Thought the ep was okay, but not surprised it was a bit choppy in that "well lets wrap up 13 and if we get the back 9 we'll just undo all those storylines."

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

So, so glad that Britt got a bunch more lines in the episode. "Sometimes I forget my middle name."

10. My only laugh-out-loud moment of the episode, but it was a good one.

11. Wenders

For the longest time, it was rumored that Idina had signed on to play Lea's birth mother because they do look so much alike. I just hope they sing together!

12. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Ratings for Fox's 'Glee' Hit the Roof

Ratings For 'Glee' Go Through The Roof
    4/15/2010 2:29 PM ET

(RTTNews) - After a four-month hiatus, the highly anticipated return of Fox's show "Glee" earned impressive ratings Tuesday. According to the Nielsen overnight estimates, the comedy drew 13.6 million viewers, managing to retain 78 percent of American Idol's audience (20.2 million viewers).

According to Fox, "Glee" also earned its highest-ever rating among 18-to-49-year-olds, and the highest Nielsen rating of any scripted freshman show this season.

"Everybody thought Fox was crazy to have Sectionals in December and then pull it off the air for four months," creator Ryan Murphy told "Entertainment Weekly."

"They got a lot of criticism for it, but (the ratings) prove that it was a great plan," Murphy continued. "It really worked. In those four months we won the Golden Globe and a Peabody, and with the Oprah/White House effect, it became a perfect storm to get people excited about the show."

Additionally, the episode rated 46 percent higher among 18-49-year-olds than the post-Idol-finale preview it had last May.

by RTT Staff Writer http://www.rttnews.com/Content/EntertainmentNews.aspx?Section=2&Id=1270782&SM=1h

Draft saved Draft deleted