1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"Hallaluia" to that....

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I nap really well to this show. Don't get me wrong, I think it's funny as hell and I like actually watching it sometimes, but I've slept through more of than I've actually watched. It's gotten to the point that I'll play it from the TIVO when I want to catch some afternoon Zs.

3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Halfway through the season premiere, and I'm bored. Not good.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

By-the-numbers song choices (Hey! What has been popular this year! OK then! Do that!).

Bad, bad attempt at humor with the mannish female football coach. Ha ha, ho ho, heehee.

Top it off with the Down's Syndrome kid critiquing Finn's Cheerios tryout, and it's pretty blah so far.

5. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Yeah, I've not been impressed by this premiere at all. I'll give it a few more shows, but it's got to pick up.

6. I honestly thought it was the guy who played the old football coach, just dressd up like a woman.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Seems like a character you'd create after you met an actress born to be a high school football coach.

God, the pipes on that little Beyonce clone. Incredible.

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

So did I. The wife and I sat there waiting for someone to say, "Ken?"

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes. Stunning. So how do they get her back to New Directions?

Cheyenne Jackson as the new coach of Vocal Adrenaline. Interesting.

I was OK with the premiere but I'm not predicting a long life for the show. I thought it fizzled badly last year and I'm willing to bet there's not a third season. Unless the CD and other sales are so off the charts they bring it back.

Somehow, some way, the new QB and Beyonce ride in to rescue the floundering group at some point.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The problem is that the new QB can't sing that well. He's basically another Finn, which is not good. The singing talent, in the group, is way too skewed toward the female side.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Moddy, it's already been renewed for Season 3, so there will definitely be a Season 3. What the plot will be, I can't say.

One thing you have to realize about Glee is that it's a Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuck show. They create really interesting premises (Nip/Tuck) that are hard to sustain.

All that said, I think people are being a little hard on the premire. It was fine.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought there were some great lines in the show:

"Is that a man's sweater?"

"How many balls have you put in your mouth?"

Draft saved Draft deleted