1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

In the bad old days, she would have been forced get a nose job way before she got on a hit network show. Poor Jennifer Grey doesn't even look like the same person anymore on that dancing show

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I disagree.

What's distracting is the need to get her a showcase as often as possible. Get Santana and Kurt more showcases, I say. I get that she's the star, but I've had enough.

Quick note to say that when I saw Deeper_Background had posted, I was sure he was going to inform us that Glee was planning a Britney Spears episode.

3. Deeper_Background

Im kinda meh about Kurt. The show is getting less drag queenish as it breaks into the manistream and the songs are getting more current, thats definitely a good thing! Totally in agreement about Santana. I would like to see a vocal throwdown of epic proportions at nationals in New York between Idina and Lea on What I Did for Love

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

With things getting more current, I guess my wish for an Air Supply episode is out huh?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Goddamn. That would be AWESOME.

No idea if Red is kidding, but I'm not. THAT WOULD RULE.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I'm not kidding at all. Official member of the Air Heads online club right here.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

When Finn and Rachel got back together, they should have performed "Two Less Lonely People In The World." :D :D

8. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

This recent convert would love to see/hear that.
    Have they done ABBA yet? (ducking/not kidding)

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was kind of dissapointed we didn't get a Christopher Cross song - Ride Like The Wind would have been great.
    I will settle for a Michael McDonald episode.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

For me, the more contemporary music they do, the less interested I am. The Brittany episode did nothing for me musically because the music is so overproduced you can't even recognize the voices. Lea Michelle belting out show tunes - THAT does it for me. Kurt doing his version of "Rose's Turn" from 'Gypsy'? Absolutely.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Agreed. This was one of the least interesting episodes, musically. It sounds like next week's episode will be very good. I'm looking forward to it.

12. Deeper_Background

the audience at large ain't tuning in to watch Kurt belt showtunes...Britney Spears 'Glee' Episode Draws Record-Setting Ratings
    Tribute episode brings in 13.3 million viewers.

Madonna's "Glee" tribute episode might have been titled "The Power of Madonna," but it was the show's tribute to Britney Spears that has reigned supreme. The broadcast, which featured cameos from the pop princess herself, drew 13.3 million viewers, leading the 8 p.m. hour and posting its best-ever rating among adults 18-49.

Tuesday night's episode, appropriately titled "Britney/Brittany," rose 4 percent from last week's season-two premiere. The feat made history for "Glee," as it becomes the first series since NBC's "Seinfeld" in 1993 to debut as the top series of the week and then spike in ratings the following week, according to Entertainment Weekly. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1648982/20100929/spears_britney.jhtm

Draft saved Draft deleted