1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Chee-sus, you are so yummy.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I took a lot from this episode that others have already stressed. I'm confused how anyone could take this episode and say it was a flat out support the Christian faith or God is out there.

Just the Chee-sus storyline is a direct slap in the face to the over-the-top believers who see Jesus in chips or ironed clothing and worship said items.
    I'm shocked I haven't seen or heard a story in the news about Glee making fun of Christians. Of course Bill O'Reilly and Glen Beck haven't aired yet today, so we'll see.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

As my wife said at the end: "He's really eating that Cheesus? After carrying it around in his bag for days?"

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As someone who has choked down his share of stale unlevened bread, I found it somewhat fitting that he would eat the Cheesus.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Those were all great, except for Santana. I didn't think it looked like her at all. And where's Brittany?? :D

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm an atheist and I thought it was a very good episode, mainly because of how strongly they've built up Mike O'Malley's character.

8. imjustagirl

OK, let me clarify. I liked most of the episode. I love O'Malley's character, I loved Kurt with his defensive strength, and I liked some of the songs. What I didn't like was how the people who didn't believe came to grips with how those who believed behaved. But none of those who believed came to grips with the fact they had to respect those who didn't believe. Mercedes made Kurt go to church. Will was a bitch to Sue at the end "They wanted to sing it, are you going to report us?" like an asshole.

The lack of respect from believers to others is something that sticks in my craw. Sorry.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, you'll have all of eternal damnation to come to grips with it. :)

Seriously, it tilted a bit toward the believers, but Christians also could have felt they were mocked. I mean, you don't really pray to Jesus to be able to go to second base.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Cheesus saves, Cheesus saves, Cheesus saves!

11. imjustagirl

Really? When I prayed, all I prayed about was shit like "Please let get an A on my test" or "please let Louie Rundo like me."

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's kind of selfish. I prayed for world peace and getting to third base.

Draft saved Draft deleted