1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I converted from Swiss Cheejus to Cheddar Cheejus.

Too many holes in my life previously

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's Gouda by me.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hasn't Sue kind of earned that kind of attitude?

4. outofplace

Sorry you had to go through that as a kid, Moddy. I can just imagine how that hit home.

As I already mentioned, I've only seen a few episodes. I caught a few minutes early last night while my wife was watching, but went to the other room to check out No Ordinary Family (meh). I was flipping on a commercial and saw the scene with Kurt singing the song for his class. I went right back to watch with the wife because I knew she would be crying. Her father passed away a few years back and she still has a rough time with scenes like that in movies or television.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Exactly what I was thinking (can't stop agreeing w/OOP, MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP!!!).

IJAG, you know me, and you know I'm far more anti-religion than you could ever be. And I wasn't offended, and actually enjoyed the digs at religion.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

preach on!!!

Billy Joel, REM, Streisand, Simon and Garfunkle, The Beatles & Joan Osbourne. The target demo for viewers is 12-17 years old, The Target demo for listeners is 37-52.

Loved it

7. outofplace

I really need to watch this show more, just for the sake of driving BYH nuts.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No offense, but no. I know that you're situationally anti-religion, which is to say there's a reason you feel the way you do. You have lost faith. But you used to have it. I have never believed, and trust me when I tell you it colors how I see things. You still see them as "digs at religion," where I see the larger tint of the whole thing.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nacho Cheejus?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That made me laugh out loud.

11. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

As a recovering Catholic I can tell you that far right believers do have contempt for non believers. It's being expressed here in comedy.
    Despite not going to church or claiming to be Catholic any more, I still do hold a belief in Christianity. And they were mocking those same right wingers for having faith in a friggin grilled cheese.
    In my view both issues - disdain for non-believers and praying to a sandwich - are direct slap at the religous folk.
    With that, I have no clue why anyone who doesn't believe in God would take umbrage with this episode at all. You should applaud the smackdown against the over-the-top believers.

Draft saved Draft deleted