1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I just watched it. Didn't think it was offensive, and instead of seeing Kurt's evolution as some sort of capitulation, I saw it as showing that Kurt, a non-believer, was more open and accepting than the people professing to love Jesus.

In other news, this episode made me bawl like a small child. Parts of it were a bit heart-crushing.

2. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Glee Duets 2.4

Le Jazz Hot - Kurt

River Deep, Mountain High (!!) - Mercedes & Santana.

Sing - Mike & Tina

Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Rachel & Finn

Happy Days are Here Again/Get Happy - Rachel & Kurt

Lucky - Quinn & Sam (with 2 minute video preview)

3. Deeper_Background

Britney Spears' 'Glee' episode slammed by Parents Television Council for 'explicit sexual content

While Britney Spears' Glee episode earned a record number of viewers last month, some parents thought the star's performance was just plain Toxic.

The Parents Television Council blasted the hit Fox show for its "explicit sexual content" and "skimpy outfits," calling the Britney-themed episode the worst show of the week.

The group said the episode was akin to an "endorsement of narcotics abuse, public masturbation and school-sanctioned burlesque."

In the episode, Spears plays herself, appearing before the McKinley High Glee club singers who hallucinate about her while under anastheia by a dentist played by John Stamos.

It results in fantasy performances of Spears' hits, like "Me Against the Music"

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/10/09/2010-10-09_britney_spears_glee_episode_slammed_by_parents_television_council_for_explicit_s.html?r=entertainment#ixzz11v9fDR1l

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've wondered where they've been on Glee. You would think they would raise a stink on a top-ranked show if for no other reason than for the pub.

5. Deeper_Background

This controversy will probably egg them on rather than have the producers tone down the content. Can't wait for the Rocky Horror episode next week!

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Rockly Horror?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Especially excited for the Time Warlp

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hope Mr. Loaf makes an appearance.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Him and Barry Bostwick are rumored to make cameos.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Enjoyed tonight's episode more musically but wish they didn't over process everything.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

High school cheerleader lesbians with Brittney, I just had a wet dream. Awake.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

The beauty of that was it'll really rankle the idiot religious zealots.

Draft saved Draft deleted