1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

River Deep, Mountain High, Le Jazz Hot and Happy Days Are Here Again were my favorites. Holy cow. And glad they finally showed a little growth for Rachel...and Kurt got called out for all of that bs that went on during the second half of the first season.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Interesting that the fifth-best duet won (the Asian kids were clearly the best followed by Mercedes and Santana) but you can't push the "new Finn" storyline if they don't win.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Everyone vote for themselves except Finn and Rachel, who voted for the new guy and Quinn. That's how they won by two votes.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A side note: One thing I like about the show is having the piano player who likes like your average high school music teacher and then the kids playing the other instruments dressed as typical high school students.

I especially like seeing them packing up and putting their instruments in the background while the actors are doing a scene. That's a nice touch.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Congrats, BYH!!!

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/glee-star-jessalyn-gilsig-files-for-divorce-20101310

6. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Babs and Judy Garland Win, Kurt and big schnozz lose.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I agree - the songs sound different this year, maybe they just have a new producer.

Didn't like "Sing" at all, mainly because I've always hated that song, way too cutesy. Liked River Deep and Mountain High the best. Still wish Curt and Sam did "Easy Lover," - with Sam singing "she's" while Curt sing's "he's."

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Agree on River Deep and Mountain High -- wasn't even close.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I loved this episode, but then again, I think I'm the biggest Brittany fan in the world. I like that they seem to be subtly giving her more personality. Yeah, she's still a ditz, but you see her trying to cuddle with Santana at the beginning of the episode and then her actually hurt by Artie at the end. I think her, Santana and Quinn are three of the most interesting characters on the show.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

sgreenwell ... I think you may have competition for biggest Brittany fan. But I'm willing to declare a tie if you are.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

heh, I think we've both professed our admiration in the past. I'm just a mark for all the cheerleaders, it seems. Oh, and Kurt's dad. He's awesome too.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finally googled the guy who plays piano on Glee. It's the show's musical director Brad Ellis, he still hasn't had one line on the show, and yet he's been in every episode.
    I wouldn't mind an episode featuring the back-up players that seem to have all the time in the world to practice whatever song a castmember is "feeling" that day. Wouldn't be a bad avenue for the show to introduce a new cast member.

Draft saved Draft deleted