1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, shit, not on the night I was there. Or ever heard about.
    I wonder if they added that later after the show lost some of its Tony Award steam?

We had pretty good seats, too. Full view of Jonathan Groff's ass. But nothing on Michele.

The fact remains her "teacher" in Glee did not star in Spring Awakening

2. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

my bad, I was thinking of Light in the Piazza http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1285162/bio

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I am jealous. :D

But yeah, after reading the synopsis of Spring Awakening, I was like....holy cow. There is some pretty deep stuff on there for a fairly young cast to be doing. I do like the soundtrack though.

4. Moderator1

I enjoyed the show, my wife not so much (despite the view). We later saw Groff in the outdoor version of Hair, though he was not one of the actors who got nekkid.

Spring Awakening didn't last too long once the original cast left. Not sure what any of them are doing besides Groff and Michele.

5. Deeper_Background

GLEE - "Time Warp" Full Performance from 10/26!

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I got chills.

While I never dressed up, I was at the Key Theater in Georgetown in the mid-to-late 70' for Rocky Horror for the midnight show about 1/2 dozen times.

7. Deeper_Background

Lea Michele continues to be a selfish witch

Glee star Lea Michele is disappointed that makers of the musical show haven't given her more solos in season two, say reports.

It's claimed the singer and actress - who is in talks to make her debut movie role in New Year's Eve - is upset that more focus has been put on the other characters for the new episodes, Instead of her character of Rachel Berry.

"In the beginning, she was the biggest star," explains an insider. "But some of the biggest episodes have taken attention away from her, like the Britney Spears show, which was all about Heather Morris (Brittany).
    "She thinks that because she has a Broadway background, this show was made for her."

The source also claims to Star magazine that Michele has been criticizing her co-stars. "It's not easy being around Lea on set. It's showing no sign of improving," revealed the on-set insider. http://www.omgmusic.com/news/lea-michele-upset-by-lack-of-glee-solos

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

9. Moderator1

The GQ arrived today. Interesting.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Read a similar quote from a "show insider" over the summer - "Lea acts like she's the most talented person on the show - and everybody knows that she is - they just don't like her reminding everyone."

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Personally, I think it's just gossip mongers trying to stir up controversy.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was more into the Santana-Puck backstage drama.

Draft saved Draft deleted