1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

now I'll watch KC

2. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Don't give them any ideas

3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I actually really enjoyed the Christmas episode. Thought it was quite enjoyable.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My friend, who does not like Christmas or the goobery specials or Christmas music in general, wasn't really a fan.

Me, on the other hand, who LOVES anything remotely related to Christmas, loved just about every second of it.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sue getting the Glee gang over to put up and decorate Will's tree may have been this show's shark-jumping moment, but I enjoyed the hell out of the episode anyway.

Best line, of course from Britney: After the football coach tells Britney the story of the husky girl who came to appreciate her figure: "Was she Ricki Lake?"

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Haven't caught the Christmas episode, but watched the last two. Found it interesting after the Rocky Horror and Gwyneth ep to get back into the plot.
    It's almost jarring to return to some of the storylines after the cotton candy. Characters pop in and out, relationships pop in and out. At least with the "tribute" and "guest star" eps you can just enjoy the performances, I don't know if any of the songs in the previous two episodes really connected.
    As for Katie Couric - she is awesome on Autotuning the News.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i'm really annoyed with the way they're making britney into a complete idiot. want her to be a bit of an airhead? fine, but they've gone way too far.

8. Deeper_Background

Pure Poppycock! :)

9. Just deleted the three backed up episodes on the DVR. Checking out.

10. DanOregon

I realize I dug up an old quote, but I was curious what HC thought of The Singing Bee. Seems like the judges had some difficult choices to make (already cutting some Berklee Music students and The Whiffenpoofs). Anyone else watching? Kind of weird how many Glee songs have been sung considering the show was taped during the summer before Glee did them.

11. Deeper_Background

The Sing Off is acutally pretty good now that there are 'supergroups' from LA etc.
    More High Notes for NBC’s ‘Sing Off’
    By BILL CARTER

Does NBC have an incipient new reality hit?

The second edition of its a cappella singing competition, “The Sing Off,” held up well Wednesday night against tough competition, signaling that the show is a virtual certainty to return after its five-night run this month.

“The Sing Off” added viewers every half hour it was on Wednesday night, finishing with an average of 7.6 million viewers. Most notably, it looks like a hit among the youngest audience segment. “The Sing Off” beat every other network among viewers between the ages in 18 and 34 from 8 to 10 p.m.

The competition between 8 and10 Wednesday night included original episodes of “Modern Family” and “The Middle” on ABC, “Survivor,” and “Criminal Minds” on CBS and “Hell’s Kitchen” on Fox.

“The Sing Off” improved by 24 percent over its rating last year for its Wednesday episode and it scored the best overall ratings for NBC for a Wednesday night show this season.
    http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/09/more-high-notes-for-nbcs-sing-off/

12. DanOregon

The Nashville group was assembled for the show as well. I was glad to see that while the producers do discuss elimination possibilties with the judges - they judges get the final call. If Committed doesn't win the thing I'll be surprised.

Glee was good. Heavy on performances which I liked, Coach was back. Anyone know who sang the Sue The Grinch song? It wasn't Jane Lynch.
    And who knew high school teachers made so much bank?

Draft saved Draft deleted