1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

It's true. I laughed out loud when I watched this interview.

My favorite part (from 1:50 until 2:45):

"She just walks in and, she looked gorgeous, and she was, like, super sweet, and I don't know ... it was just, like, kind of normal. That was it. It was super in-and-out, and then we only got her from, like, 9 to 2 for two days, um, but the second day was when I got to have a one-on-one scene with her. And it was, like, going through my mind, like, in a scene where it was, like, just her and I, and everybody was, like, far away from me, and I was just, like, staring at her -- like, not in a weird way, but like -- you know we have a scene where we're, like, speaking to each other, and I was just like ... even ... like ... I was spitting out lines, but I was thinking while I was spitting out my lines, like, I am, like, literally an inch away from Britney Spears, who, like, I used to watch on television and, like, learn dance moves to, and, like, sing out loud in my room, like, every day. It was just so weird."

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

DanO, pretty sure the person who sang the Grinch song was k.d. lang. Her and Matthew Morrison did a straight version of the song on the Glee Christmas album.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The voice fits. I was thinking Rosemary Clooney, but knew that was impossible.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It sounded like kd. Maybe it's hormones, but this episode made me cry like a baby. But then, so does the original "Grinch".

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

To be honest, I've never watched it. I don't watch any reality TV, in fact. I tried to watch American Idol and it just annoyed the crap out of me. Some silly Hawaiian girl kept advancing because people phoned in but she couldn't sing on pitch to save her life.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You should give it a shot. It's not a reality show, no manufactured "human drama", just performances. And it will be done next week anyway.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I loved the Grinch scenes with Sue and her little helper.

I also thought the duet with Kurt and his Warbler buddy singing Baby It's Cold Outside was a real moment.

That has hardly caused a ripple but two guys signing to each other about spending the night would have been unheard of on a prime-time family show a few years ago.

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

post super bowl show? worst glee episode ever.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Stunningly stupid, and I never dislike glee. Bad writing, bad plot, bad everything. They should give the Warblers their own show, that Darren Criss is so good I can't stand it.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

stunningly stupid is the perfect description

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Definitely the worst Glee ever. I feel like they were trying to be blatantly broad with their humor to pull in new viewers and it was just awful. My TiVo cut off with five minutes left and I didn't even care. The Warblers number was the only part worth a damn all show.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Last night was a disaster for anything involving singing. Glee was unwatchable. Still trying to figure out why Fox selected that particular show for the coveted position. Why not premiere a new show? The Chicago Code is getting good reviews. I don't get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted