1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Rick, let me tell you, the first season is much MUCH better than this. Hopefully, it'll be uploaded somewhere where you can watch at least the first 13 episodes.

Figgins is my favorite TV principal ever. He's so hilarious in his complete absence of knowledge of what is going on in his school. People talk about Sue and Brittany's one-liners, but he has some gems as well.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Agreed! I love Figgins. I wish they'd have him on more.

The best part of this episode was Brittney, who was so hot it should be illegal. Oh yeah, the rest of it was pretty good too, although I kind of wish they had just went with Blaine and Rachel for a few episodes. That was an interesting twist that I didn't see coming, plus maybe it would have gotten Kurt off his figurative-not-literal nuts.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree. Britney is stupid, off-the-charts hot. Jesus.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

MR. BELDING MOCKS YOU.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My teenage son called her the ugly cheerleader. I said "What?"

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I'm surprised at the lust for Britney. Don't find her that attractive but then again I rarely find stupid people good looking.

Let me add, though, that she's becoming my favourite Glee character. Brilliant deadpan comedy. From last week:

Mr. Shue: Can anyone tell me what an anthem is.
    Britney: It's the bottom of an ant's pants.

GENIUS! 8)

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Britney's a great character and has an amazing body. Her face is nothing to write home about, though.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Logic and 'Glee', won't be put in the same sentence for me. I take the show almost like I do animated shows like Family Guy and The Simpsons.

Logic is thrown out the window, and I still enjoy them; so why can't I do that with a cartoonish musical show on the same network? This from someone who will stop watching a drama on TV because of leaps in logic or believability.

Instead of putting such tough restrictions on Glee, when Sue goes from good to evil every other episode ... or kids get drunk in school and the principal is too stupid to realize it ... or the football team wins with six players, some of which are 90-pound girls and one in a wheelchair ... whatever the suspension of intelligence, I think back to Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin.

Their shows never met an illogical story they didn't tackle.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Agree. I guess in reference to HC's comment, I sometimes forget how ridiculously great her body is until she gets practically naked, as in Tuesday's episode.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

She looks much better now that she's not in the cheerleader outfit with a ponytail all the time.

And the bra scene? And the body shots? And the performance where she goes into a split and BOUNCES? Mercy.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

To be fair, I think she's prettier in real life. Playing that kind of dim and deadpan character affects how we see her. When someone's face conveys emotion freely they generally look more attractive.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think she looked a lot prettier when she was doing the Britney Spears dance, so I think there's something to the facial expression idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted