1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You know how a lot of people feel about The Office? That they loved it so much at the beginning, but somewhere, something went wrong, and now it's not even enjoyable any more, but they continue to watch it because it's almost a ritual and they're invested, but they hate themselves a little when it's over and wonder why they can't delete it from their Season Pass list?

That's me and Glee.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That was me and Gilmore Girls, and me and Grey's Anatomy before it righted itself.

And that is absolutely me and Glee right now.

3. imjustagirl

YOU SHUT UP ABOUT GILMORE GIRLS THAT SHOW WAS AWESOME AND YOU ARE STUPID!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah that last season of Gilmore Girls was as bad as anything anyone has ever done anywhere. This is what happens when scumbag network execs run off a show creator and keep the show going anyway. Always felt awful for Amy Palladino.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It is amazing how many women loovvveeee that show, especially women journalists. It is like their kryptonite.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Not to get all political here, but did anyone else hear Kurt's line, "What they were too cowardly to do in public they did by secret ballot," as a Prop 8 reference?

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I haven't watched it since it came back after the winter break. The beginning of the second season just didn't do anything for me and I'm catching up on so many shows via Netflix, which I didn't watch when they were first on, that I'm fine dropping something like Glee.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I did not, but my "Wow, this is contrived and forced" meter was already to the breaking point. So that just pushes it further.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Contrived and forced? Glee? Surely you jest.

10. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

I felt like we were surely denied a passionate Santana/Brit prom makeout session

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Glee: Once cool to like it, now cool to come up with reasons to dislike it.

12. imjustagirl

I only need one: It sucks.

I'm not judging anyone who still likes it. Unlike the Office thread, where if you still like it you're a mouth-breather who doesn't understand REAL COMEDY, I just ... don't like it. Not saying you shouldn't, or anyone else shouldn't. Just ... not for me anymore. Maybe the newness wore off. No idea. But it's weak sauce.

Draft saved Draft deleted