1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I finally caught this tonight on "On Demand" (our cable's been wonky combined with hockey playoffs). Cried like an idiot. And the auditions .... they were all amazing. They all sang such different repertoire it was apples and oranges.

If any REAL Show Choir had this much talent in each individual member, they would walk away with every prize ever invented.

Just saying.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well that sets up next season nicely.

3. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

First time they've acknowledged graduation.

I guess that means they have a plan for the show after high school, after all.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

My guess is senior year will somehow take two seasons and that will be that.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I have that sucker on my Nano. Much more pop than I expected; really like it.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Crammed full of music...and I actually didn't mind. However, I would have liked the full version of New York, New York (the Sinatra song) and maybe a smattering of New York State of Mind.

Compared to last year's finale performances, though, this was just meh.

7. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

That was horrible. I can't believe I looked forward to that all week! Enjoyed Sam and Mercedes and Kurt/Blaine at the end, though.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The performances at the competition were ridiculous; they didn't even bother to pretend these were High School kids singing live onstage...the producers went full-on music video, pre-taped schlock.

Plus, the songs sucked.

And damn I'm as open minded as they come but does every single solitary laugh line have to be about teh gay?

9. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

They needed to split that into two episodes and give it room to breath. Cut off at Rachel telling Finn she can't out on the street during their date.

The resolution of "Will Mr. Shue leave or not?" got less screen time than the Sunshine/Rachel makeup.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

My emotional reaction to this was off the charts. Connected me to why I became a singer and the passion that drove me down this path. Cried like a lunatic.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The episode looked great, especially the outdoor scenes - liked the Wicked number - the competition stuff was the weakest part.
    Agree that they should have made it two episodes. Ep 1 - the club goes crazy in New York, Artie buys a smokin' Rolex for $20, Quinn attends a taping of Huckabee, Puck gets arrested for something...they left a ton of material out there considering the possibilities of kids going to New York for the first time.
    Throw in some of the incredibly bad possibilities for the competition...instead they went generic.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey Puck and his girlfriend tried ordering a drink!!! THOSE MADCAP KIDS!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted