1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Agree with all the complaints above. I thought it kind of sucked. I'm pretty cool with suspending my disbelief with this show, but after a second bout of "We're two hours from the competition! We'd better get cracking on our original songs!" I thought it was a little much. (Plus the songs were worse this time, and seemed like they could have been written in two hours.) The biggest heroes in the entire New Directions are the backing band that clearly knows every single piece of music ever written and just happens to hang around every glee practice, willing to play songs on command (note perfect, I'll add) without so much as practicing once. I was wondering during the final competition if they quickly sketched out the complicated choreography on the subway, between the hotel and the theatre. Or perhaps in the bathroom, once they arrived.

That said, just when it seemed impossible that Quinn could get any cuter, they cut her hair short. My god.

2. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

One or two perfect songs per episode is good enough for me

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Creator says this group will graduate next year.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2011/06/glee-kids-graduating-new-cast-coming-in-lea-michele.html

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe they can get the producer from "The Killing" to work her magic on the next school year.

5. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

“A year ago, I said I think the best thing you can do on a show like this is not have eight-year seniors,” Murphy told ShowTracker. “Nobody wants to see a high school senior with a bald spot. We want to stay true to what ‘Glee’ is about, which is finding your voice and your place in the world; to stretch that out for eight seasons — though that might be lucrative for us — I don’t think would be fair to the fans. They expect growth in those characters.”

“It’s certainly sad in many ways, but it’s also exciting,” Murphy added. “Last year we brought in two new people, Chord Overstreet and Darren Criss, both of whom have gone on to do great things to the show. It was a test for me: Will audiences embrace new people? I think if the stories and the songs are good, they absolutely will."

Besides graduation, how does Murphy plan to have the characters make their exit? Perhaps Rachel Berry [Lea Michele] can audition for a spot on “American Idol” or “The Voice”?

“I think Rachel Berry should go on and get the lead in the new 'Funny Girl' show that’s being cast,” Murphy joked. “Let’s take her to Broadway! But, no, I'm not thinking about goodbyes. I’m thinking about hellos. We’re writing the first 10 scripts so we’re not there yet.”

Helping to pen those new scripts are six new writers: Allison Adler, Marti Noxon, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Michael Hitchcock, Matt Hodgson and Ross Maxwell have joined Murphy and fellow executive producers Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan. And, Murphy insists, there will be no big guest stars: “It’s going to be about the characters and storylines — storylines for people we don’t hear much from, like Tina, Mike and Mercedes. Jane Lynch has an amazing 20-episode storyline we’re cooking up.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/06/ryan-murphy-on-the-non-glee-news-nobody-wants-to-see-a-high-school-senior-with-a-bald-spot.html

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm really excited about the new writers. I hope they get it together more than their current writers. Writing and exec producing an hour-long dramedy is a lot, especially for only three guys (and it basically came out that a lot of times this season, they were scrambling on last-minute edits.)

I don't really want the current cast to go unless they find equally talented people to replace them, something that I find highly unlikely. Also, if they're going to graduate this cast, they had better give Tina a fucking storyline this season. She's the most underutilized member of the cast.

7. DanOregon

They must have an episode with Rachel's two dads.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Tina is a very mediocre singer, Wenders. Sorry. But it's true. I have zero interest in any storyline involving her or Lauren. Even Trouty Mouth is more compelling.

As for the cast exits, that decision worked brilliantly for Friday Night Lights. Glee should be so lucky.

9. DanOregon

The problem with new castmembers is that they're running out of ethnicities and impairments. Deaf Indian guy? Native American girl with no arms? Maybe a rapper with Tourette's?

10. vicd

vicd Active Member

Sat next to Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) on a plane last night. After a few glasses of Chablis he was tapping his toe to the Madonna episode of "Glee". Seemed to really like the "Vogue" segment. (Not kidding, wish I had a picture.)

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

How would anyone know? She barely gets the chance to sing and when she does, she doesn't even get to finish her song. Jenna's been on Broadway, so it's not like she's an atrocious singer.

I kinda want to go see the movie, mainly because the concert tour hasn't come close enough to me for me to actually go. But only if I can go to a non-3D showing. I don't want to feel like I'm being showered with real confetti.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nothing on the new season? No wonder - I don't see myself doing the Glee on Tuesday thing much this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted