1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You, sir, are correct.
    The dad coming home early because the crab fishing show was on, was also great.
    Glee isn't like anything else on teevee right now and I'm loving it.

2. Plus, man does she have a voice. Hot ... with her voice. It is hard for me to keep it down watching Glee.

Outstanding show, but I'd agree that there has been a let down since the pilot. That's not saying it has been bad, but when I first saw the pilot last spring it was like a little piece of heaven. Simply amazing. Such a breathe of fresh air (yes, a bit cliche-crazy, oh well).

3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I think it's a smart funny show, and there are too few of those on tv right now. I absolutely love it.

4. I am excited for the soundtrack to this.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

kristen chenowith never looked better than in tonight's ep. yeah, mrs. shockey's in charge of the remote this evening. ::) ::) ::)

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Even with no Jane Lynch, Kristin Chenoweth more than made up for it. The dueling Cabaret number was fantastic then ending with Somebody to Love?

I actually don't have a song that has been released from this show that I can't bear to listen to. The Glee version of Somebody to Love has been in my rotation all week.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was a little freaked out when I saw that Glee dropped pretty big in the ratings last week - glad that it already has a full season pick-up. As much as I enjoyed Modern Family - there isn't anything like Glee on. A great episode. I hope Chenowith comes back from time to time - she's really a perfect fit for the show.
    Hearing her sing "Alone" was great.

8. I hated on Glee in this thread, inferring that it dropped off considerably from the pilot, which I thought was pretty amazing. Not any more . . . last night's episode was back-to-basics good, and I am starting to think it's all about the music. Lea Michelle is in my TV girls hall of fame right now. Cute, sexy, fantastic voice, hmmm, daddy.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Chenoweth is killing me. She's coming to Cincy to perform with the Cincinnati Pops next month and I was content to stay away because of the ticket price. Now, I'm seriously struggling to not go online and shell out for a couple of tickets. Damn, damn, damn.

10. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I'm pretty sure I'm about to pick up a couple of tickets to see her in OKC. I feel your pain.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Line of the episode, from Mohawked football player, about Rachel.

"That chick makes me want to set myself on fire, but she can sing."

Perfect delivery, timing and line. Super, super stuff.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I've listened to this about 10 times today.

Draft saved Draft deleted