1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I should clarify that I don't remember there being many, if any, fantasy sequences in the second half of the first season, but reality continued to be heightened as the show continued.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I still enjoy much of the show, but Glee went into "all plot is just to get to the next iTunes download!" mode last season.

Sure, it's not as great and fresh as it was in spring 2009. And the plotline of Finn and Rachel eying marriage is forced and contrived.

But it still has some fun moments, as long as you don't expect much more.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I actually started enjoying Glee more when they abandoned the attempt at making anything look real. People handed a new piece of sheet music don't break out into fully choreographed musical numbers. They do in musicals.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That was cool, but it was COMPLETELY stolen from a YouTube video. To be fair, I think the cellists last night were the same people who made the YouTube video, so at least they got some work out of it.

Also, they really screwed up by having the "Artie gets out of his chair" sequence come in the "Scream" video. It definitely should have come in "Black and White" with him jumping up on the car and destroying it with a crowbar.

Also, for an episode devoted to a performer known so much for his dancing, the relative lack of Mike Chang and (especially) Brittany was inexcusable.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This.

I think it's an entertaining season so far. Loved Diana Agron done-up in the cocktail dress. Yummy.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Damn. That's all, just damn
    And no new shows until April 10?

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Great music.

Cried at the beginning and the end. Holy shit.

Will say this: I'm perfectly okay with having to wait a month and a half. It's a lot better than the year+ I'll be waiting to find out the resolution to the second series finale of Sherlock.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This show has just worn me out.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Would have been more shocked by the ending if I hadn't already seen it on Alias, Smallville, the movie Adaptation . . .

Feels like they're trying to juice the show with EVENTS now. The wedding plot defines contrived.

Still enjoy it, though. Expectations aren't what they were two years ago.

10. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I'm OK with waiting as well.

Meltdowns pending for ...

1. Rachel, who is over the top about the little stuff.
    2. Sue, who is going to be a hormonal mess anyway.
    3. Puck, who might do something extremely stupid.

I thought the music was better at sectionals, but overall, one of their better episodes in awhile.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Here lies Glee

Born 5/19/09
    Jumped the shark 2/21/12

That was just fucking crap tonight. Awful, melodramatic, horribly predictable, unnecessary crap.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As RickStain said, there are no actual consequences to any of this bullshit anymore. I actually was impressed for a moment when I thought the writers killed Korofsky. That would have been powereful shit. Instead, another "Psych.....!" Which is exactly what they'll do to Quinn. GLEE has never been even remotely subtle but tonight was just absurd. An after school special on teen suicide and texting while driving. Did FOX get money from the Obama Administration to fund this?

Draft saved Draft deleted