1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That was a Celine song, DD.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Gah. My bad.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

No worries. Celine Dion is Meatloaf with better makeup.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

It was the Celine version of a Meatloaf song.

I think another big problem is the writers started listening to the fans and wanted to make them all happy. Why else have the fandom shipper names worked their way into the script, something that should NEVER happen.

I know I've said it before, but giving Glee two extra seasons all at once was a BIG mistake. It turned last season into a complete throwaway season. Why work for a renewal when you already have one? Why take the time to make your writing more consistent and your characters well-rounded if you can write the worst show on TV and you don't have to worry about getting the axe in May?

Plus, all of the agenda-pushing, whether it's intentional or not, is annoying.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The ending in the car was really well-played, both by the actors and the dialogue writers.

Very good use of Glory Days.

Most of the rest was a mishmash of "Golly gee, I'm so glad we're FRIENDS!!!" treacle, with a couple of flashbacks to remind us of when the show was at its snark-filled, hilariously cynical apex.

The ending itself? Well, I guess they'll never realize that Rachel is NOT a sympathetic character, and never has been. I would have been somewhat interested in a show that flashed between her, Finn and Kurt in NYC and the high school. But one that has a bunch of Lima lifers at the high school, Rachel alone in NYC but the writers trying to keep up with her, AND no Santana?

Rev up the boat.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Congratulations to Cory Monteith, who waited until the season finale to actually act. His half-smile that faded into the grim knowledge that she was in and Kurt didn't make it so he had no reason to go ... that was about all I've ever seen from him.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Loved that part. Loved Burt doing the Single Ladies dance (because that was hilarious. Cross it off the bucket list).

I really wish that we could have had Glory Days at my HS graduation, instead of the same Eve 6/Green Day combination that every school does.

As bad as the last two seasons have been, I have a sneaky suspicion that next season will be awful and just may be its last. If they do this Army storyline and botch it completely....just UGH.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah - Nice Sue, the Glee Club looking like the Knicks sent to Denver for Melo, a notable lack of a female lead singer, Emma finally giving it up...not a lot of meat left on the bone.
    I'm trying to think of something they could do that they haven't done...and I'm drawing a blank.
    It would have been fun to see the cast sit around and get all cocky and become the school bullies.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Massive failure putting Rachel on a train, and not on a steamer ship singing 'Don't Rain on My Parade.'

Needed some closure on Kurt, he deserved more of a story.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think there final, last chance to do something interesting with Rachel was when she was confronted by Tina. Instead, they softballed Tina's complaints and neutered that whole storyline in one episode. I found the finale predictable but overall pretty good. It's Glee, so you knew everything wasn't going to be perfect, not after they already won the nationals and what not.

As far as the future goes, they really, really need to move on from Finn, Rachel, Emma and Will - I think the well is dry for all four characters. Focus on the supporting players for S4, especially that girl who can't sing, Brittany and Tina. I think the exploits of Puck could make for fun as well. I disagree that they haven't done much with Kurt; I think they tried to do stories and what not with him, but Blaine is just so meh.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I hope that Tina IS the New Directions star next season ... we do NOT get to hear that girl sing enough. I really really really hope that we're done with Finn because I cannot listen to that boy sing another stupid rock song in that stupid breathy and completely ordinary voice.

12. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Kate Hudson Shows Off Sexy Dance Moves on the Glee Set
    [​IMG]
    Kate is guest starring in six episodes during Glee's fourth season. She'll be playing Cassandra July, Rachel's dance teacher at her new performing arts school. Another A-list star to join the cast this year is Sarah Jessica Parker. She's portraying a Vogue editor, and was recently spotted meeting up with the actual Vogue editor in chief, Anna Wintour, in NYC. http://www.popsugar.com/Kate-Hudson-Glee-24226960

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted