1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

blaaahhhhh. Kate Hudson is no Paltrow, even, unless they're going to suddenly be making a movie about a quirky 30ish-year-old who can't find love.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

They're shooting another Britney tribute episode right now, so I bet that's what that shot of Kate Hudson is from.

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Paltrow always leaves me cold, Hudson is defintely an upgrade.

4. sgreenwell

I'm uncomfortable with you making an actual post. Can you instead find a blog or news article with this opinion and then post it?

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Bizarre, but true.

6. sgreenwell

So, no comments on the premiere? I actually thought it was pretty decent! Some notes:

- The new girl is good in terms of voice and her character, but boy are they stretching it with her as a high school sophomore. She's 23 in real life, and I realize most of them are around that age, except that she just looks older than everyone else. Like even people like (the still awesome) Brittney and Tina and Artie look younger than she does.

- The new guy is interesting. Even before the reveal of him being Puckerman's half brother, I thought, "Wow, he looks like Black Puck." So, that was a good casting job there. I'm not sure if they're just going to redo the whole Puck storyline from the previous seasons, but as of now, I'm for it.

- Rachel is still overall boring to me, but at least they moved Kurt out there with her. I would have tapped out pretty quick on the season if it was just Kurt moping for 22 episodes while hanging out in Ohio. (Along similar lines, I'm nervous about when we finally do see Finn, because a "Glee and the Army" storyline doesn't strike me as gold.)

- Kate Hudson looks... pretty beat up to me. I hope that's just a makeup job for the part, since she is playing a drunk, apparently.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I tried to watch because my wife still watches, but I had to leave the room during the horrid Call Me Maybe performance. I can't even hate watch this show anymore. It's that awful to me. I regret ever recommending it to anyone, or defending it earlier in this thread. It's atrocious.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That was my assessment of the first episode. I haven't thought about the show since, unless I saw this thread title on the first page. I didn't realize people had turned against it.

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Didn't watch. Forgot it was on. Was at a concert.

Guess I'll catch it online. Wondering how they will integrate the opportunity to tell Rachel's story with still more high school plots.

10. Wenders

Having it premiere so early (it's the first of my fall shows to have its season premiere) AND switching to a new night probably had a lot of people who don't have DVR completely forget it.

I was just meh on the premiere. I wanted the full song of New York State of Mind to be just Rachel. When you show those two singing it side-by-side, there's no comparison.

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

The New York stuff has potential. Characters must grow and change. Hudson not as annoying as I expected.

But doing Britney again? And the continued high school stuff feels like an anchor that will drag the show down. MORE high school show choir just isn't interesting, no matter how many "Unique!!!" characters they try to throw into that tired mix. What will they have them do, win nationals AGAIN?

[​IMG]

12. Wenders

I don't know what that shit was, but one of my friends and I are currently trying to figure out why we're still watching this show.

Draft saved Draft deleted