1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Agreed. It's a musical Heroes. Great beginning, followed by multiple seasons of complete detritus with brief flashes to give fans hope.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm currently operating on the assumption that we're going to see more of New Directions' sectional set in the next episode. No way would they show two Warblers numbers and only one New Directions.

However, ND deserves to lose for Gangnam Style.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Nice to hear some real music theatre tonight. And good job by Kurt singing "Being Alive" ... the first time I've really enjoyed him as a singer. Lea Michele nailed it. I don't normally like "O Holy Night" sung pop style but loved her version.

As for the story line .... who cares at this point.

4. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Is it back from break?

Does it still suck?

A quick check of the songs on Spotify indicates I should not be upset to have missed this season.

And there's this:

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2013/01/joco-glee/

5. Mark Salling, who plays Puck, is being sued by a woman who claims he sexually assaulted her a few years ago.

http://perezhilton.com/2013-01-19-glee-mark-salling-sued-sexual-battery-lawsuit

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Kind of? It's still on break, but comes back Thursday, to coincide with Idol, I believe. It is what it is at this point - High school melodrama mixed with music. I still like some of the songs here and there, and for every "ick" storyline there is usually a decent one that balances this. (Your mileage might vary though; I have found myself personally tapping out when it comes to Rachel's continued issues.)

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Glee fans are the Tim Tebow fans of TV. Don't ever rip the show in any shape, form or way. They will track you down and kill you.

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Depends on the fan.

Most of the ones I deal with are like my fellow Heroes fans. They see it falling, and understand it needs to be put out of its misery.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"Oh man, I haven't caught up with Glee in awhile. Any new episodes on Hulu? I can handle it."

*first scene has Finn confessing to Rachel that he kissed Emma a week before her and Mr. Shue's wedding.*

"Nope, I'm out."

10. sgreenwell

That whole episode was probably the worst hour of Glee ever, especially if you include the last five minutes from the previous episode, where Finn kisses Emma. You had Emma skipping out on the wedding, to continue the most tortured romance drama storyline ever, and the weird Cyrano love triangle between Marley, Puck Jr. and That Random New Kid. Rachel and Finn got back together, which probably nobody was clamoring for, and Quinn and Santana had a completely throwaway lesbian thing. It was just a brutal hour of TV.

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

That is word-for-word my response when someone asks me why I don't watch Glee anymore.

12. sgreenwell

It is now a background show for me, like Bones or Law and Order. I like to have it on in the background while I do other things, just because I don't like to work in complete silence, and I'll pay attention if it seems like it's getting interesting.

But the actually enjoyable parts of the show are few and far between, and mostly center around Brittney and/or Sam. Beyond the storylines that I've mentioned that are wretched, they've also had Tina trying to be the lead of the club (simply not believable with her voice as compared to the others), the gay version of the Rachel-Finn relationship with Blaine-Kurt, and Tina refusing to believe that Blaine is gay and her being his hag. It's just so wretched at times.

Draft saved Draft deleted