1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Bless YouTube: Atwater vs. Okoye

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're right. Bo Jackson would have rushed for 348 yards.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I can't stand the Broncos, but the moment I saw that hit, I couldn't help but appreciate it.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I've seen that clip somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,304,484 times. I'm a Chiefs fans...always will be. But:

Steve Atwater haunts my dreams to this day because of that hit. Horseface killed us for years. Atwater scared us for years.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Fuck that. If You couldn't get at least 600 yards from Bo Jackson in any given game, you weren't really trying.

And how do you get 600? You back up to the 1-yard line on 1st down of every drive, then send Bo on that downward sweep on second down for a 99-yard TD. Rinse and repeat. That play worked almost every time, especially against the computer. Bo ends up with 600 yards every game, Marcus Allen, that turd, ends up with like -200. Ahh, good times. ;D

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just played that game today on my laptop. I'm seldom the Raiders, though. I'm almost always the Bears. Neal Anderson and Brad Muster were an unstoppable combo.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Tecmo Bowl Bo is the greatest athlete in history.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What about the Pack, with the immortal Don Majkowski?

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

What about a running Cool Shit on YouTube thread. It would be long, yes, but also funny as hell. I could think of a couple of fun additions.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Okoye always pissed me off. For such a big back he was so easy to bring down. As soon as there was contact his feet stopped. Give me Barry Word instead of Okoye any day.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Big backs in the NFL often flame out quickly. They simply take too many hard, direct hits from linebackers.

Jerome Bettis is the obvious recent exception.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I believe I still have a Barry Word autographed football card somewhere. Granted, I might have traded it for another Canseco card. Talk about trading dry shit for wet shit.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

LT in Tecmo Bowl might have been the greatest defensive polayer in video game history. In addition to the sacks he was almost unstoppable when it came to blocking extra points and field goals. Just move him down the line and burst between the centre and guard at the snap....

Draft saved Draft deleted