1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GQ profiles Deadspin's Daulerio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Telander could be in Bradley's classification too then. As far as guys who were actually identified primarily as pro athletes...Jim Bouton. Ball Four, obviously, but his other books are really good too.

2. Please. I don't think that makes you old. I think it makes you mature. "Fuck" is an adult word and no one should be so horrified by seeing it in proper context that they stop reading. But in a headline like this, it is a weak, attention-getting ploy and I don't think a writer should fault himself for that ploy discouraging him from reading further.

It's not too serious to expect a little more skill used. It's just getting portrayed that way a lot lately.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That's all the Charlie Brown piece was. A baby throwing oatmeal at the wall with a lot of fucks inbetween.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Hear, hear.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

bump. We just got linked up and down for all of the bad things people said about Daulerio.

Scroll down to the 10th guy on the list and click the links. Probably driving a lot of traffic today. I think Double J and Hondo each had some comments linked.

http://deadspin.com/5748972/the-worst-men-in-sports?skyline=true&s=i

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Guess I can say goodbye to that positive review on Deadspin. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted