1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest video game sports accomplishment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Jul 13, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

The voice in that was the best: "Do-bull dre-bull."

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Haha! And gotta love the half-National Anthem before every game.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I remember what an innovation it was when Super Tecmo Bowl had ALL of the teams and you could play a season! Dropped my college GPA significantly.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I used to kick the computer's ass at the Basketball game in Atari 2600.

Whenever you got ahead by more than 4, the computer player started having spastic tics. Once I was ahead by 12, and it was like playing against the caffeinated version of Cornholio.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The garbled voice in the "Blades of Steel" into was pretty sweet, too.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Tossed a no-no in MVP '05. (Hi Shotty! ;D)

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I once rushed for 900 yards in one game with Emmitt Smith on NFL 94 on Super nintendo. Also, the Rangers pitching staff on the Original Ken Griffey Jr. baseball had a team ERA under 0.50 for the whole season. In short, unless it was a homer,  you weren't scoring. My defense was impregnable.

But my best achievement came one drunken night my sophomore year of college. We were playing the original WWF game for Playstation, the one where you had to be a prodigy to do a body slam, much less the Rock Bottom. Anyhoo, I made some ugly fat wrestler a week before, but it got deleted, unknownst to me. I tried to find it, hit the wrong button, and ended up with Default, a 150-pound white dude in black underwear.

My friend was the bitch-ass Shamrock with his endless boring grapple holds. My friend is also a video-game bitch, who naturally excels at the damn things. And he gets every break to boot. So the match starts, and I mash buttons. I somehow get the upperhand and get Shamrock out of the ring, where I proceed to beat him down for exactly 9.5 seconds. Jump in before the count of 10, and voila, DEFAULT WINS, MOTHERFUCKERS! That's what I shouted in my drunken stupor, before everyone else in the house told me to shut up. I told them to go to hell, I won with default.

Me = dork.

8. Bubbler

Still the only basketball game where you could climb the basket standards.

Kind of like Egypt and the Pyramids, even though we've advanced, we cannot possibly understand that primitive pixelated technology.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Does Joust count as a sport? I got a million on that once.

Man, does that get tedious after a while.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The full season stat tracking was awesome, too...complete with "realistic" mugshots.

[​IMG]

11. Bubbler

A buddy of mine, playing with the mid 90s Washington Bullets, shot like 85 percent against me in NBA '96 (?) once, and I was playing straight up, not letting him score. Damndest thing, because I usually beat him pretty soundly in that game.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd hate to see how good his stats would be if he were not in "bad" condition.

Draft saved Draft deleted