1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy 21st KYSportsWriter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jun 28, 2006.

1. this_guy

this_guy Guest

Not so long ago I spent a 21st birthday in Kentucky.

Enjoy and be safe. And stay away from the Jim Beam.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Happy 21st, KY. Don't worry, I'm sure the bars will still be open after you file your softball gamer.

It's got to be better than the place I spent my 21st, which was Flint, Mich., a place I had never been before and haven't been to since.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Happy Birthday KY! Drink some mint juleps on me!

----

Spent my 21st in Washington, DC drinking Sangria. Boy that'll give you a headache.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Happy Birthday, KY!!! Stay away from gin, that's my only 21st-birthday advice.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And don't go through a case of Mountain Dew in one night. It can tear up your stomach.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Happy birthday, KY!!

[​IMG]

Ask your bartender for a Flash Light -- vodka, raspberry Sour Puss and Minute Maid raspberry juice. Hits the spot!

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, and if you wake up in a nondescript hotel in Oklahoma City, it's 9 degrees outside with snow on the ground, you're wearing nothing but basketball shorts, there's three other people passed out in your bed, you're 8 hours from home, and there's a cop knocking on your door ... don't be alarmed.
    Oh wait, that was MY 21st birthday, hehe.

Hell, you do whatever you want. Just have fun. ;D

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

My baby sister recently turned 21, and I made her to an Irish Car Bomb as soon as I could get in town. They're really not bad when they're made well, but few places make them well.

But all of them will tear you up in a hurry, which is what 21st birthdays are all about. Just, you know, don't go too far. Mine was a four-day celebration that still hurts a few years later.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Few places even can pour Guinness well, to begin with, and I've been told I haven't had a properly drawn Guinness (maybe that's why I don't like it).

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

So KY, where do you plan to spend your first night of alcoholic freedom?

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Unless you've been to any number of pubs in England or Ireland, you haven't had a properly drawn Guinness.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Happy Birthday!!

And for those of you who are all hyped about the Irish Car Bombs, just remember that's the name of a terrorist activity. Think of it as akin to saddling up to the bar and ordering a "September 11".

Draft saved Draft deleted