1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, EVERYBODY!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dan Hickling, Jun 18, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm not here to talk about the past.

2. This was my first Father's Day and it was pretty cool. Hung out with and little guy all day. Making it even better was him deciding to say "da-da-da-da-da-da" all day long, even going so far as to tap me on the head while saying it. He's done it before here and there, but today was out of control.

And I agree with the notion that this makes working nights for so long really worth it. I get to be the one at home (and out at playgroups and parks) with my son every day and the bond that has formed is incredible. And I also learned how not to be a dad from my own, which makes this even better.

Happy Father's Day to the rest of you as well.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Did anybody catch that Nike commercial with Tiger and his Dad? It was another great commercial by Nike. Their last great commercials were the Joga Bonito soccer commercials and the newest Jordan ones.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My girls know me all too well. My oldest daugther insisted my wife buy me a Pink Panther DVD. Not the movie - the cartoon classic. Gawd, I love her!

My newborn son, with help from mommy, made me a stepping garden stone with his hand and foot print and a picture inside. My youngest daughter, bless her heart, insisted I get a Dale Jr. coffee mug and coaster. I don't like car racing at any level, either.

And then there was a new power drill/screwdriver set from the Missus. Spent the day at the zoo away from the World Cup, and it was a great day. Ate some old-fashioned hamburgers and an old-fashioned joint that had been around since WWI. Heck, even the Royals won. What a great day.

Getting ready to call my Paw as I type this. Taking him to a minor-league ball game next time I see him. It will be our first minor league game together.

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

That breakfast in bed on Fathers Day, served by two beaming kids, is the best meal of the year, bar none

My kids are older, so their menu was a little more ambitious--eggs, grits, toast, sausage, corned beef hash and orange juice. We just won't mention this to my internist.

6. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Your Mrs. just increased the mouse population in your backyard by 50%.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

perfect father's day weekend. yesterday, my two youngest -- 13 and 11 -- won their little league championship, with my father on hand to watch the 11-year-old pitch two beautiful innings while the 13-year-old was his catcher. today, moi, mrs. shockey and our three sons went to dinner at my favorite fried seafood joint -- right out of cape cod, only with better chowder. the soft shell crabs were superb.

doesn't get much better than that in shockey-world. 8) 8) 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted