1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter, Deathly Hallows (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jul 19, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't look like a liittle girl, thank God.

But I'm all about marrying a hobbit. It's too bad Jeff Gordon got away from me.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

They're his mother's ;)

3. sportschick

So I've heard :D

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I dunno about Radcliffe, though. Those pics of him (almost nude) sort've gave me the heebie jeebies. I will agree with you on Elijah, though.

5. sportschick

I have a fondness for younger guys, for the record.

And Elijah is gorgeous. Only movie poster in my apartment right now is one of him from LOTR.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Me too, but probably cause I am, too.

As for LotR, do you expect there to be a Hobbit?

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Wow...sorry about the threadjack!

8. sportschick

Yea, we should take it to the JDV thread. That way all of our threadjacks are contained :D

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

...So back on topic, did she ever say when to expect an encyclopedia-esque work made?

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Ha! I forgot about this link I got while at work. It answers many questions you have/had.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think Snape's ignominious death made him one of the biggest heros of all.

Dobby's death moved me enormously.

And from the moment Harry entered Snape's memories in the pensieve until the end of the book, I was bawling like a baby. JR had to ask if I was okay.

As for the poster who said that it was unlikely that one of the 'big three' didn't die, I direct you to Lord of the Rings. The hobbits made it home. Those who joined their party along the way weren't so lucky. This strikes me as very similiar (not in a copycat kind of way, just in an emotional sense). Besides which, she's writing for kids, after all. Death isn't something her younger readers have probably dealt with and some of the character's death were hitting pretty close to home for that age group.

I'm late to this party but I wasn't home to get my Harry Potter last weekend since I drove to NYC instead. :D

12. audreyld

audreyld Guest

My roommate just laughed at me as I lay on the bed crying like a small child.

Draft saved Draft deleted