1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter, Deathly Hallows (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

does anyone think harry and Hermione messed around in the tent when ron left?

2. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

No. Hermione was sad, remember. Oh, and Harry had a thing for a hot redhead.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

According to my Magic Erection -- all signs point to yes.

4. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

if she was sad, maybe harry helped her feel better :) it's gets lonely out in the woods for months on end and near-death experiences. it's a recipe for some casual fun.

5. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Yeah, but if Ginny's as hot at Rowling made her out to be, would you tag something else if you were Harry?

6. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

if I was stuck in the woods and not exactly in a committed relationship, why not? They were in a different area code. that is not cheating, according to the movie 'Road Trip.'

7. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Wow. I think this conversation has gotten away from the topic.

8. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

my bad on that. :)

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Some interesting HP notes from Easterbrook's P2 column for ESPN.

For the full column: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/070807&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab7pos1

I don't agree with most of the rest of the things he says about the book, but I was intrigured by his research.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't think it was research, he probably just knows the Bible, though he's wrong about the implication that the notion of the resurrection of the dead originated with Jesus.

11. Where does he say that Jesus originated the concept of the resurrection?
    Though, if we are going to get technical, Christians obviously believe that God originated the concept and had the plan in mind before the creation of the world.
    Also, Easterbrook left out a reference in the finale of "Oh my God!" or something like that. I know it really struck me when it happened, because it was the first time I can remember a reference to a higher power.
    Of course, if there is a soul (which six talks a lot about), doesn't there have to be some form of higher power, eternal destination, etc.?

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The entire series is rife with Christian imagery, starting with the whole "love always triumphing over evil" thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted