1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy F*&% it's cold out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The only thing I would add is that the temp. change can happen in a matter of 15 or 20 minutes.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not only that, but the ebb and flow of the chinook means you can switch back and forth between -20º and 60ºF several times if you happen to be in the right spot.

BTW, expecting 80º today here in Baja Oklahoma. Storms tomorrow, followed by a blue norther and a forecast for ice Thursday. The Texicans are already flipping out.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I do get a chuckle out of watching the news when places like Texas get hhit with a snow storm once every three years or so and the mass panic that ensues, especially when the highways become gridlocked with fender benders because they have no idea how to drive on ice.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Really? Wow.
    Never new that about chinooks.

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

They're openly talking about whether or not we'll see school shut down this winter. Last year they shut it down when it was around 40, with some sleet. In OK, we laughed.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

All it takes is for that wind to start blowing in. Reeked havoc on my immune system. Could not keep up. The old saying if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes, is fairly accurate for Calgary. I remember walking to school somedays bundled up in a full snow suit, scarf touque, you name it, and then end up walking home in a t-shirt carrying the snow suit in a plastic bag.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Ah shoulda, coulda, woulda ... I love it here.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

I plug my car in at 10-below.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Please change now. Please change now. Please change now. Please change now.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Memo to self: Do not move to a place where you have to plug your car in . . . whatever that means. ???

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So I take it a block heater would be a totally foreign concept to you?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

But I can tell you all you want to know about hurricane shutters.

Draft saved Draft deleted