1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did I not know this!???!! Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Apr 3, 2018.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

The first time some of us may have heard the Pointer Sisters.

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was blown away to learn the Pointer Sisters won a grammy for a country song.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Didn’t even have to hit “play” to have that ear worm pop into my head. Twelve!!

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. DanOregon

also sang on we are the world,

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I only today learned — from the 400 pound teenager in the window seat — that Southwest Airlines offers large passengers a second boarding pass for a companion “COS.”

What’s a COS you may ask? Customer of Silence - a fake seat filler.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Hit Parade podcast on Slate had a really good episode about them. I saw them in AC in the summer of 1992 — let’s just say that it looked like there was a lot of Colombia’s finest ingested backstage based on the performance.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Lots of references to Bolivian marching powder on the threads. If I ever had a consistent source, I would be dead. A great high.

I used to gobble up trucker fake speed pills, so take it for what it is worth.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

White crosses were the bomb. The meth heads had to fuck it all up for the rest of us.

9. DanOregon

My dad was part of a City of Oakland presentation of the key to the city for them back in the 80s. Yeah, he said they could have been called the "Doobie Sisters" haha. Great group.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The ones I remember had a bee or a horse on the package.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mini thins are what we called them. They’d make your sack shrivel up, and either make it so you could not piss or make you piss all the time. Coke was a much better time.

12. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

I used to self-medicate my ADHD with these during my community college years.

Draft saved Draft deleted