1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined Boss"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

So much if it feels generational to me. I think much of the anger is a leftover from a dying era when reporters didn't have to work as hard to write/produce a feature about a guy because he was expected to talk at the presser and you could bang out your weak ass piece and be at the bar or on the course by the early afternoon.

JackReacher likes this.
  2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Which is what the reporters should do.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And catch measles.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I can't believe I've neglected to post this. Before any discussion about Marshawn Lynch, you must watch this video. Fast forward to the shirtless interview at the end if you want to bypass high school football highlights.

EddieM likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's just one consumer: Michelle.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

What makes you think it was easier to write our weak-ass features in the days before computers and word processing software and the Internet for research and daily, mandatory press conferences for all players? I'll hang up and listen.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JackReacher and BDC99 like this.
  9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

If you didn't see it - and I'm sure it will be viral - Marshawn did a bit with Gronk on Conan.
    He was hilarious. They were playing Mortal Kombat and he was engaging and showed personality. When he beat Gronk his character disenbowled Gronk's, and Lynch seemed genuinely disturbed by the graphics of the game.
    If you have a chance, watch it. Highly entertaining, especially when he teaches Conan how to properly grab his nuts after a TD.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

God forbid he has fun and disrespects the fat ass Bart hubbachs of the world.
    The difference between Hubbach and an entertainment tonight reporter is....

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Who thinks he should be suspended? Did I say that?

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Good God - I love the ridiculous stereotypes of "fat ass lazy reporters" - to quote one of the greatest posters in SJ.com history "do better"

Draft saved Draft deleted