1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Just Here So I Won't Get Fined Boss"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 27, 2015.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's the NFL. All deals are team friendly.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Right now the Yankees wish it could be that way in MLB.

3. According to NBC, the network asked Goodell for an interview to be run during the pregame show today. Goodell declined. I wonder if he'll be fined.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Costas knows how to play butthurt pretty well.

Too bad Roger didn't do the interview - Costas could have passed him some leftover pinkeye virus.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I would love to know if Lynch's interview petulance had anything to do with making his Progressive Insurance commercial more notable. If I'm the NFL, I fine him at least what he made for that commercial, maybe double.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You're such a midget moron.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How's work Tony?

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good god, who cares.

The Marshawn-Watchers missed a pretty good game.

LongTimeListener and JC like this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That is a very, very, VERY liberal interpretation of "knocking cameras aside." He moved them out of his face.

What the hell are people really thinking they are going to get out of Marshawn Lynch at that point? And, also, he DID talk after the game. He was asked by ESPN's Jim Trotter if he was surprised about the play call, and he said no, "“Because we play football. It’s a team sport.”

But I guess because he didn't repeat that to every single individual reporter and cameraman in attendance, he's bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted