1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indiana radio announcer arrested before IU-Purdue tipoff

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I already braved that. If you count "Knight didn't teach him that," I believe that's mention No. 1.

It was also less than seven posts before someone said Leary learned from the best thief of all, his high school coach. (For those not from Indianapolis, Lawrence North coach Jack Keefer - also Greg Oden and Mike Conley's high school coach -- is often accused of recruiting and providing, shall we say, benefits to players.)

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Now he's a home invader. I want an apology, hondo!

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Taking appliances from a foreclosed house and selling them is a caper, not a crime.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Caper? I dunno. How about we settle on a lark?

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I understand the sentiment based on Keefer's history for the last two decades, but it's off the mark with Leary.

With the exception of one role player (Victor Bush), the '89 LN team was composed entirely of Lawrence Township kids or those who were in the designated LN busing district at the time.

I still consider that state title legit. The others? Not so much.

Full disclosure: Lawrence North class of '89. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted