1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting situation in Detroit - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jul 15, 2006.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

The difference between Blair and Albom was Blair was writing news stories, while Albom wrote a column. I'm not defending either, but I'm saying making up stuff in the A section on a continuing basis, as Blair did, was way further over the top than what Albom did.

2. The Commish

The Commish Guest

In an interview with E&P, Farrell says he is coming back only because the Freep didn't have a good enough offer to buy him out.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If employees took up a collection, I'll bet they raise enough...

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, just the readers.

5. dcdream

dcdream Member

The bottom line there are different standards for those people we like and dislike... and it usually crosses racial line.

Perry Ferrell -- Mitch Albom
    Barry Bonds -- Mark McGwire
    T.O. -- Brett Favre (selfish)

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

dcdream --

That's preposterous.

Mark McGwire gets a pass? Where?

Brett Favre gets a pass? Again, where?

Certainly not on here...

7. dcdream

dcdream Member

Let's see how THE MEDIA twists these issues.
    Who is the face of steroids? Bonds.
    Brett Favre is labeled a warrior, a leader, a real great teammate.... T.O. is labeled as selfish and a team cancer.
    The last three years we have seen Favre as selfish (holding out from saying if he is coming back); bad teammate (getting in the biz of Javon Walker contract situation, who later tore his knee); he is no warrior, he was a pill popper...
    But T.O. is the clown?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh, I see.

You're one of those people who believes in a mythical, one-horned creature called THE MEDIA.

Who is the face of steroids?

The guy with Federal investigators nipping at his heels. The guy who is still playing. The guy who is about to break baseball's all time home run record.

When McGwire showed up and looked like a fool in front of Congress, he got ripped for it.

Of course, none of this matters because it doesn't fit into your racial framework.

But please, oh please, don't come on a journalists message board and refer to THE MEDIA. You lose credibility instantly.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Zeke, one time I fired off an angry email to THE MEDIA, but it never responded and nothing changed. It reminded me so much of when I was a kid and THE MEDIA used to beat me up at recess, and also pick me last for kickball. Did I mention that THE MEDIA also had an affair with my wife? It's such bullshit.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you string this line of thinking out much further, you'll be telling me why Nirvana sucks... :)

11. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Media Jackal?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Nice touch, Rough.

Draft saved Draft deleted