1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I've reached that age when..."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, Dec 21, 2023.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I pay more attention to the moms now than the coeds on Microville Tech's annual Mom's Weekend.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Does that make Jack the President Pro Tem of SJ.com? Congratulations!

As for me, I find it easier to get up at 5 a.m. than it used to.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It used to bother me when almost no co-workers were alive during the moon landing.

Most of our hires now weren't even alive during the 20th century.

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 1.54.47 PM.png

Put a Cubs hat on him and he could pass for an old Steve Bartman.

maumann, OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I knew this, but fuck you anyway. :D

@Songbird is right, Ralph is starting to actually age a little. Doesn't look anywhere close to 61 (?!!?!) but definitely doesn't look like Johnny Cade anymore, either.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Driftwood likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The entrance to Walmart away from the groceries now reads “Lifestyle & Pharmacy.” I saw that today and thought “I’m at the age where the pharmacy is my lifestyle.”

I Should Coco, Hermes, garrow and 6 others like this.
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Got called in to work last night and took a look at the Marist lists. They're missing the point. It's about putting the lives of the students into perspective of instructors and administrators.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’ve reached the age where the answer to “does this wine have a cork?” is still a dealbreaker, but my position has flipped.

playthrough and dixiehack like this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ve finally reached the age where instrumental music is preferable to music with singing. I was warned for years this would be the case. I kinda want to strip all my favorite music of its singing in one giant playlist.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My wife is a replenishment manager at Michaels and has been trying to lobby her store into playing instrumental music --- as Hobby Lobby does --- but to no avail. It really is a nicer shopping experience.

I'm often searching for "piano version of XXXXX," "orchestra version of XXXXX," etc. Here's one of my faves.

And my favorite version of this ABBA instrumental.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
    OscarMadison and Hermes like this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm not only at that point, I go into fortnight-long vomiting binges when the reflux gets too bad. GERD is a motherfucker.

Hermes likes this.
  12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I didn't realize it until a few years ago, I've always been this way. I know the music, but not the singing. Somebody asks me about a lyric and I have no clue, except for the obvious ones -- "Tramps like us, baby we were born to run." i.e.
    But I can play drum solos on my steering wheel, guitar and bass solos on he stomach and keyboard solos on a table or desk.

Draft saved Draft deleted