1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jerry Jones threatens to go scorched earth on Goodell, owners

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Mooch. Mooch for commish.

wicked, Big Circus, Vombatus and 2 others like this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t mind taking a summer off from teaching. Plus, Jerrah’s a member of my country club*, so he and I would have an easy time getting together to hash out things. I hope they let me know if/when the search opens!

*He’s a social member who’s never set foot in the place. I suspect he’s a member of pretty much every club in the Metroplex.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Was Jerruhh this upset when the league suspended that shaved down gorilla in Pittsburgh six games for his alleged rapes?

Didn't think so.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Next up: Running for president.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The NFL will be so mad at the Dallas Cowboys, they'll put the Cleveland Browns on probation.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Al Davis wonders what the fuss is about.

EDIT: Hermes beat me to the Davis reference.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is at least possible that Jones inadvertently improved Goodell's job security with this stunt. If he really doesn't have a case, and I don't see how he could have one, I would think the last thing the owners would do is give Jones what he wants.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Wonder what Snyder's position on this mess is? He strikes me as a bit of a wuss who would take a neutral, stay out of it stance. Could be wrong... but Washington lost quite a few draft picks several years ago, so maybe he has an axe to grind too.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering how long Goodell has been with the league even before getting the big chair - I'm surprised a few skeletons from owner's closets haven't been leaked to various news outlets by now.
    Sure ratings are down - I just wonder if Goodell went the "other way" on stuff - mandated players stand for the anthem or be fined (of course that's a collective bargaining thing) or went easy on player suspensions, if fan interest would be any higher. I think injuries and retirements and cruddy teams in LA, Chicago and NY have as much, if not more to do with it. How many playoff wins in the top eight TV markets in the last few years...3, 4?

10. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Bring back the USFL.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sounds like what some people were saying last October.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Add lacrosse. A fun game that lasts less than 2.5 hours.

Draft saved Draft deleted