1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalists shot, killed in Virginia during live shot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ookpik

Ookpik Active Member

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

OK. I hate death videos......Correction.....I fucking despise death videos. I just do.
    I finally got the stones to watch the shooter POV video that's about :55 in length.
    I saw the TV station version first thing this morning.......but I'm telling you when that fat fuck is holding that gun out in front of him, and no one sees it until he's firing......son of a bitch.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I suppose armed guards are next for the TV news teams.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

This isn't a TV live shot safety issue. It's workplace violence that happened to play out in the most public way possible.

Do your damn live shots today, people. Most of them are pointless but don't use this as a reason not to do them today. If you're going to not do them, say it's because most of them waste time and don't tell the viewer anything new anyway.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Job creation!

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's definitely fat.

schiezainc likes this.
  7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Good point. Though people are getting bolder in interrupting live shots.

8. Dick Whitman

I think people are probably legitimately jumpy right now.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the follow up Jay.

10. Dick Whitman

Yep.

We shouldn't categorize this in the mass shooting bucket. This was a murder for the YouTube era. Life has become "The Truman Show," and this was inevitable. It'll happen again.

11. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

That TV station is fucking stupid.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don't know how prevalent it is except for passing references to it on the morning news, but it sounds like getting mugged while on location is becoming a bigger problem. A KTVU reporter (the same KTVU that ran with the fake Asian names after the plane crash two years ago) and cameraman were heldup at gun point a few months back. Sounds like it also happened to a CBS affiliate as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted